So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Re: So who actually plans on getting a Wii U

Post by DinnerX »

I'll probably get one eventually, but I'll probably wait for price drops. I've got plenty of other games to play in the mean time.

Gamerforlife wrote:
Duke.Togo wrote:Reading Rainbow reference? Nice.

So I'm not the only person in the world who remembers that show

Butterfly in the sky, I can go twice as high...
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

I do like the cheap Wii games idea.

Now, if they put out a solid Metroid game for the U (not Ninja Gaiden in a power suit), this may change things. Drastically.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Like every Nintendo system (excepting Virtual Boy) I'll get one eventually, but I doubt it will be within one year of launch. How soon I get one depends on how good the library is. If it actually panders more to "core" gamers than the Wii does like Nintendo said it will, I'll get one soon enough. If it ends up being the successor to Wii both in library and in name, I won't bother until it's $150 or less.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
rimjet
8-bit

Post by rimjet »

@harper and scarper

Great Minds think alike :D

I agree that the library of the Wii U will have something to do with it for me too, but I've been known to cave at the release of a new Zelda title. As a kid I remember begging for a gamecube only after Wind Waker was released. Time will tell.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Metroid and Earthbound are the only two system-sellers that Nintendo has left for me.

Maybe F-Zero.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

If the launch lineup looks decent I'll get one at launch. Already got a Vita. But still no 3DS. If the Wii U is region locked I will be a bit more hesitant.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

I've lost a lot of faith in Nintendo and their home consoles. They've really got to step up their game if they want to convince me to buy a system.

Pikmin 3 may be the only reason I get one... Of course that's if they actually make it.

ZenErik wrote:If the launch lineup looks decent I'll get one at launch. Already got a Vita. But still no 3DS. If the Wii U is region locked I will be a bit more hesitant.

A region lock on the Wii U is almost a guarantee considering all their past console iterations have had a form of region locking.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

I'm pretty sure that I will get one. If I have the money I may even get one on launch day
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

DS/DS Lite is not region locked. Although they added region locking back in for DSi enhanced games and DSi exclusives. But DSi enhanced games are still not region locked on the DS/DS Lite. And of course the 3DS is region locked.. :/
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

The thing with the Wii U... I feel the same about it as I did the Wii launching.

I just wont know if I like it till I can spend some time with it, regardless of launch title selection.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.