Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:There are some prototype games that had been started to be marketed and prototype discs got out, "Risk" comes to mind, those would be the rarest unoffocial games.

there were promo copies of the US release of Radirgy too.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

captainhavoc wrote:I know NCAA 2k3 Basketball is supposed to be the rarest, but there are at least copies for sale online.

I can say from a price standpoint I've seen complete copies go between $35-$50 on eBay over the last couple of months. Definitely one that has trended down since the original article.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

I think I'd rather just play Custom Robo... :P
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

This game seems almost as uncommon as Cubivore! None on Amazon and not very cheap at EBay.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

CRTGAMER wrote:This game seems almost as uncommon as Cubivore! None on Amazon and not very cheap at EBay.

The lone copy of Gotcha Force on ebay is Japanese and there are still no copies on Amazon. Between ebay and Amazon I count at least 15 copies of Cubivore. I think that just about makes Gotcha Force a tad rarer than Cubivore. :lol:
Jontendo
64-bit

Post by Jontendo »

captainhavoc wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:This game seems almost as uncommon as Cubivore! None on Amazon and not very cheap at EBay.

The lone copy of Gotcha Force on ebay is Japanese and there are still no copies on Amazon. Between ebay and Amazon I count at least 15 copies of Cubivore. I think that just about makes Gotcha Force a tad rarer than Cubivore. :lol:

I seem to remember a rumor about Cubivore getting a 2nd print run at one point too. Does anyone know if that's correct?

Also, FWIW Gotcha Force sold at least enough copies that they thought it was worth publishing an official strategy guide...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110822066317
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

what kind of game is Gotcha Force? I've never heard of it. I think I might download it and check it out. If it is really is good, then I'll buy sometime down the road. The GameCube is kinda lacking in hidden gems.
captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:what kind of game is Gotcha Force? I've never heard of it. I think I might download it and check it out. If it is really is good, then I'll buy sometime down the road. The GameCube is kinda lacking in hidden gems.

From what I've seen it looks to be a open world type fighting game with over 200 collectible characters called borgs. I've seen a lot of Youtube comments on videos saying that it's the best game on the Gamecube, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. :wink: I totally agree with you about the Gamecube lacking hidden gems. Out of the ones I hear everybody talking about, Beyond Good & Evil, Ikaruga, Killer7 and Eternal Darkness, only ED is actually Gamecube exclusive. Also, the Baten Kaitos games, I guess.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

captainhavoc wrote:
Satoshi_Matrix wrote:what kind of game is Gotcha Force? I've never heard of it. I think I might download it and check it out. If it is really is good, then I'll buy sometime down the road. The GameCube is kinda lacking in hidden gems.
From what I've seen it looks to be a open world type fighting game with over 200 collectible characters called borgs. I've seen a lot of Youtube comments on videos saying that it's the best game on the Gamecube, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. :wink: I totally agree with you about the Gamecube lacking hidden gems. Out of the ones I hear everybody talking about, Beyond Good & Evil, Ikaruga, Killer7 and Eternal Darkness, only ED is actually Gamecube exclusive. Also, the Baten Kaitos games, I guess.

CRTGAMER wrote:At first I thought was the Hamster game G Force. Never heard of Gotcha Force, looks like a basic Virtua On. An exclusive Gamecube Game, curse you captainhavoc I might have to take a long drive myself tomorrow. :oops:

:D :D Mine hopefully is on the way.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

The game is crap...seriously. Don't even bother, imo. If I find the rubbermaid my copy is in, I'll let it go for real cheap.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525