Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Godot102
64-bit

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

Post by Godot102 »

Well I have not considered Fire emblem to be terribly rare or expensive. In fact it seems there are quite a few copies of it on ebay, in fact WAY more than Gotcha Force. There have been numerous occasions where I've seen it not go for that much around the $20 mark.

I consider Gotcha force to be at least uncommon since I don't see too many copies of it floating around. Right now on ebay the cheapest listing is $30 for just the disc. It seems you can get a complete Fire Emblem around that price. One thing I've noticed is that the only people that have been saying that Gotcha Force is not rare are those who don't like the game.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Godot102 wrote:One thing I've noticed is that the only people that have been saying that Gotcha Force is not rare are those who don't like the game.

That's how it goes. Jrecee thinks Panzer Dragoon Saga is a crap game, so he was always finding it for $1. Dsh thinks Gotcha Force is lame, so he sees it for $20.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Godot102 wrote:I consider Gotcha force to be at least uncommon since I don't see too many copies of it floating around. Right now on ebay the cheapest listing is $30 for just the disc. It seems you can get a complete Fire Emblem around that price. One thing I've noticed is that the only people that have been saying that Gotcha Force is not rare are those who don't like the game.

The thread started under the premise, "...rarest gamecube game." Which it simply is not - additionally, a number of games of similar "rarity" have been pointed out - /ad nauseum.

Fire Emblem was mentioned as being another nintendo exclusive, not a mass print run, and actually enjoyable...and, it hasn't sold for less than $28 in the past week http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_sacat=0 ... te=1&rt=nc though it has hit $40+ a couple times. :roll:

So is Harry Potter and the sorceror's stone super rare now, because only 9 copies on ebay, and most are $20+?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=har ... &_osacat=0

Zatch Bell rare now? only 4 NTSC-U copies, $18+
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=zat ... &_osacat=0

Top Angler? Only 4 copies!!
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=top ... &_osacat=0

Speed Kings? Only 4 copies!!! (and a disc)
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=spe ... &_osacat=0

The point is being beaten to death here. The game is no more rare than any of the above titles, or most titles pointed out earlier in the thread.
captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

mjmjr25 wrote: The thread started under the premise, "...rarest gamecube game." Which it simply is not - additionally, a number of games of similar "rarity" have been pointed out - /ad nauseum.

Wrong. It was started under the premise "Rarest Gamecube Game?"

Please, note the all important question mark.

Sigh... again, I started this thread almost a month ago when there were no copies online at all. This has changed since then, but back on page one, no one was saying that this game actually isn't the rarest and that more are probably going to pop up soon. Everyone started voicing their opinions about if it was a fun little game or crap that deserves to be ignored, and then a bunch about Gamestop prices/stock lists or something.

I, captainhavoc, the starter of this thread, do hereby humbly apologize for even deigning to ask if Gotcha Force might possibly be the rarest Gamecube game. Mea culpa, mea culpa. I'll say 20 hail mary's.

Just please stop saying it's not the rarest gamecube game, I get it. The rarest Gamecube game is probably the Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes "Special Disc," or something.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

It's all good fun, captain. Just having fun at this point - I assumed we all were :wink:

For the record (yes, we keep a record) - I did mention on page 1 of this thread a list of the gamecube rarities and did not comment on actual gameplay of this game, etc and etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

The game must be popular, look at all the posts. :D

No reason to cough up the dough to get one. Getting the game thru Gamestop is inexpensive, just the tap dance to find a CIB to ship in. Speaking of popularity, most of the Gamestops my store manager called were incomplete or trashed discs. Maybe a good sign of a played game? :?

I think two things will strike the game as rare or valuable in the future.
1. Capcom
2. Gamecube

Capcom because of the reputation and Gamecube because the overall short shelf life. Take any exclusive Gamecube game such as Gotcha Force, Cubivore, Chibi Robo or Doshin Giant; a sure thing to go up in value years from now. Maybe not the best games in the lot, but the quirkiness also adds to the fun.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

CRTGAMER wrote:No reason to cough up the dough to get one. Getting the game thru Gamestop is inexpensive, just the tap dance to find a CIB to ship in. Speaking of popularity, most of the Gamestops my store manager called were incomplete or trashed discs. Maybe a good sign of a played game? :?

Or a kid's game...
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

CRTGAMER wrote:Speaking of popularity, most of the Gamestops my store manager called were incomplete or trashed discs. Maybe a good sign of a played game? :?

Didn't they start to throw out manuals and cases a while back?
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Opa Opa wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Speaking of popularity, most of the Gamestops my store manager called were incomplete or trashed discs. Maybe a good sign of a played game? :?

My gamestop does that with DS games.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Opa Opa wrote:

Certain stores in my area have, maybe that is what happened on some of the stores called too. In most stores called, Gotcha Force had either a generic case or missing manual because of lazy customers selling them back incomplete. This happens all to often in not only kids games, but any popular game that is played often. Why is it so damn hard to keep the manual and game in the original case! :evil:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425