NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
User avatar
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Ragol (FORREST 1)

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by s1mplehumar Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 pm

Found my copy. I'll probably just toss it in a mystery box in the coming weeks. So be on the lookout! :)
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
mjmjr25
 

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by mjmjr25 Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 am

s1mplehumar wrote:Found my copy. I'll probably just toss it in a mystery box in the coming weeks. So be on the lookout! :)


Terrible game or not, that's a full case of huggies!
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11720
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by CRTGAMER Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:Found my copy. I'll probably just toss it in a mystery box in the coming weeks. So be on the lookout! :)
Terrible game or not, that's a full case of huggies!

I'm dying here. As what looks like a basic Virtua On does it have a twinstick mode? :?:
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
pakopako
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by pakopako Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 am

captainhavoc wrote:Moral of the story? Gotcha Force is pretty rare, a few who've played it have hated it and a few who've played it have really liked it. If you see a copy at GameStop, no matter the condition, it'll be only $10, so go on and grab it. If you don't like it, throw it up on Amazon/ebay and make a decent return on your investment.

I still haven't tried this game. I've got unopened copies that I couldn't sell in 2010 for $20 still lying around.
My scheduling skills have died of dysentery; I hope to visit at least on a monthly basis.
Still, don't forget to tip your waitress.
User avatar
captainhavoc
16-bit
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by captainhavoc Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am

pakopako wrote:
captainhavoc wrote:Moral of the story? Gotcha Force is pretty rare, a few who've played it have hated it and a few who've played it have really liked it. If you see a copy at GameStop, no matter the condition, it'll be only $10, so go on and grab it. If you don't like it, throw it up on Amazon/ebay and make a decent return on your investment.

I still haven't tried this game. I've got unopened copies that I couldn't sell in 2010 for $20 still lying around.



Just goes to show you that the used game market is a fickle mistress.
slim harpo jarvi
Newbie
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by slim harpo jarvi Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 pm

This was a game along with Cubivore that would usually be at GameStop for like $40 used back before the current gen consoles came out. I think my local GameStop has one now for around half of that.

A lot of people I knew liked this game back in the day, I'd be hesitant to call it the rarest GC game.
User avatar
captainhavoc
16-bit
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by captainhavoc Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:49 pm

slim harpo jarvi wrote:This was a game along with Cubivore that would usually be at GameStop for like $40 used back before the current gen consoles came out. I think my local GameStop has one now for around half of that.

A lot of people I knew liked this game back in the day, I'd be hesitant to call it the rarest GC game.



Yeah, a couple more just popped up on amazon/ebay. Lowest prices looks to be around $30 and the highest are two listings for $300 and one for $200. None of them are even brand new. It's pure madness.
GigaPepsiMan
64-bit
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by GigaPepsiMan Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I've been wanting to play Gotcha Force for a while, the reviews I read all scored the game as average but the feedback I have heard is really good. The game is rare in the Uk as well but there are copies out there, I wouldn;t think it demands high prices here because a lot of people don't know about it.

EDIT: Looking around this is a really scarce game, very few copies around.
User avatar
MrHealthy
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 am
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by MrHealthy Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 am

So uh, Capcom has apparently decided to reprint this game in Japan. Only available on capcom's japanese online store. From google transalte it seems like pre-orders go up in the next few days and they start shipping on March 26th.

The site that translated/announced to the english speaking world: http://andriasang.com/con05x/gotcha_force_reissue/

Capcom's product page for it: http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/srDispProduc ... oductList/

Nice to see Capcom has their priorities straight.
Image
User avatar
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:51 pm
Location: Ontario Canada

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by Satoshi_Matrix Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:08 pm

What is a reasonable price to pay for the North American Gotcha Force? My local shop has one for sale, but I'm not sure if they're asking a decent price to warrant me jumping on it.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest