Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

Post by GameMasterGuy »

I just checked my local RG store's inventory, and it says that he has a couple copies CIB for $20 each. Not that expensive, really.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Satoshi_Matrix
Next-Gen

Post by Satoshi_Matrix »

Oh okay. I was just wondering. Then about the same price as the barebones ports of RE2 and 3. I was just wondering if it was like Cubivore, Zelda Collector's Disc or Ikaruga.
captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

Satoshi_Matrix wrote:Oh okay. I was just wondering. Then about the same price as the barebones ports of RE2 and 3. I was just wondering if it was like Cubivore, Zelda Collector's Disc or Ikaruga.

You could also actually get Ikaruga for around the same price nowadays, Zelda and Cubivore not so much.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

I'll be tossing a copy on my sale thread at some point today/tonight. Feel free to PM me early should you want it ASAP.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

The timing of the "reprint" (which I can only believe is old stock in an attempt to gauge a sequel's interest OR based on yahoo japan prices- though I'm too lazy to check the later at the moment) is hilariously soon after the creation of this thread. As for rarest - I wonder if the version of Pacman Vs. that had it's own sleeve and was supposed to be a preorder bonus with iNinja might be rarer. Then there's that 2K3 sports game. And promo games.
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

I remember selling my copy of Zelda: Collector's Edition + other GC/DS titles for $5 each at a garage sale. It was nearly a year after I 'quit gaming' ( :roll: ) and my specific thoughts were, "I know I could get more money than this, and I would care more about that if I were still into gaming at all. I'm just happy to get this crap out of my way now."

I was only 17 at the time, so selling on eBay was out of the question. If it were up to me, I would smack the living shit out of my former self.

*sigh*
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Same happened to me, but only for one game (Pokemon Gold). I was selling it for $5 at a garage sale, and someone haggled it down to $3.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

k.vlaros wrote:The timing of the "reprint" (which I can only believe is old stock in an attempt to gauge a sequel's interest OR based on yahoo japan prices- though I'm too lazy to check the later at the moment) is hilariously soon after the creation of this thread. As for rarest - I wonder if the version of Pacman Vs. that had it's own sleeve and was supposed to be a preorder bonus with iNinja might be rarer. Then there's that 2K3 sports game. And promo games.

You got me. I'm really a Capcom Exec trying to drum up interest in a nine year old game. :lol:

Nintendork666 wrote:I was only 17 at the time, so selling on eBay was out of the question. If it were up to me, I would smack the living shit out of my former self.

I'm right there with you. If I had a nickel for every game I bought and then practically donated to GameStop or at a garage sale when I was a kid, I'd still need a lot of money to buy them all back. :roll:
Nintendork666
Next-Gen

Post by Nintendork666 »

captainhavoc wrote:If I had a nickel for every game I bought and then practically donated to GameStop or at a garage sale when I was a kid, I'd still need a lot of money to buy them all back. :roll:

:lol:

So funny, so sad, yet so true.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X // MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3090 Image
Godot102
64-bit

Post by Godot102 »

Gotcha force really went up in value these past few months, I almost never see it on ebay. Its probably because its one of those cult classics that people would never sell. I bought my copy months ago at a Play n Trade for about $20. Its one of the most simplistic games ever but soo much fun! I warn you though: if you get it and like it you will be hooked on it! The voice acting is an absolute joke, but somehow it makes the game better....kinda like RE1 or Megaman 8/X4