Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

Post by Jmustang1968 »

There were also several that didn't sell at 19.99 and free shipping and one that did...
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

dsheinem wrote:
captainhavoc wrote: Since the lowest price online is $35+ (at the moment) and lots of people on here have been picking them up for peanuts at Gamestop, it seems like a pretty good deal/way to make good on the turnaround. :wink:

Have you looked at closed eBay auctions? $35 is almost twice what it actually sells for, and there are several at $20 unsold. I don't care what knuckleheads on Amazon are charging...the game isn't moving at those prices.

I just get annoyed when people perpetuate the idea that a game is rare and in demand when, clearly, it is not (at least not in the US).

Where do you see unsold for $20? The cheapest I see unsold for is $30 total.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
captainhavoc wrote: Since the lowest price online is $35+ (at the moment) and lots of people on here have been picking them up for peanuts at Gamestop, it seems like a pretty good deal/way to make good on the turnaround. :wink:

Have you looked at closed eBay auctions? $35 is almost twice what it actually sells for, and there are several at $20 unsold. I don't care what knuckleheads on Amazon are charging...the game isn't moving at those prices.

I just get annoyed when people perpetuate the idea that a game is rare and in demand when, clearly, it is not (at least not in the US).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotcha-Force-Ni ... 500wt_1182
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

captainhavoc wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Well since you're basing your entire argument around actuaI selling prices, then I'll take a look at the closed auctions. Oh, what's this? The latest copy of Gotcha Force sold for $29 total. I'm not the best at math, but I'm pretty sure $29 is nowhere near almost half of $35. But of course, for that price it must be sealed, or at the very least "like new." Oh wait, it's only in "very good" condition and it has water damage.

To say it's complete and utter bollocks, seems a little hyperbolic, no? :lol:

That auction ended AFTER my earlier discussion of price, and it is one copy among a half dozen or so in closed auctions. My argument is completely valid considering the relatively low price of the other sold (and unsold) copies.
captainhavoc
16-bit

Post by captainhavoc »

dsheinem wrote: That auction ended AFTER my earlier discussion of price, and it is one copy among a half dozen or so in closed auctions. My argument is completely valid considering the relatively low price of the other sold (and unsold) copies.

You were quoting prices of what copies were actually selling for and saying that copies weren't moving at anywhere near the price I was quoting. This auction proves otherwise.

To use your logic, I would be completely justified in saying that Gotcha Force is the rarest Gamecube game because when I started this thread, there were no copies available online. Of course the situation has changed, and the auction I just showed was the most up to date sale.

The prices are based on whatever the market will bear and obviously the invisible hand of the market deemed that $20 was much too low a price for the amazingness of Gotcha Force to be sold at.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

There have been random copies all over racketboy lately. CRT has one, cookie had one, and I think s1mple gave one away.

As for rarity - eh, not terribly rare - we've covered this.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

So is this game any good or are people just snatching up copies because it's "hard to find"?
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Opa Opa wrote:So is this game any good or are people just snatching up copies because it's "hard to find"?

ATM, it's just this. However, if it lasts long enough it does become expensive. Shantae, for example. Used to be hard to find, but very affordable. A lot of people caught on, and now it's worth $150.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

AppleQueso wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Have you looked at closed eBay auctions? $35 is almost twice what it actually sells for, and there are several at $20 unsold. I don't care what knuckleheads on Amazon are charging...the game isn't moving at those prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gotcha-Force-Ni ... 500wt_1182

That's been sold. I said unsold.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Just ebay, search gotcha force and click completed listings. There are about 4 at 19.99 that didn't sell in red with free shipping...