NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
captainhavoc
16-bit

Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by captainhavoc Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:10 pm

So I was randomly perusing games on ebay/half/amazon as I am wont to do, and I noticed that Gotcha Force, a Capcom game on the Gamecube, wasn't available on any of the sites, at least in NTSC. Also, Gamestop has only two copies available within a hundred miles of me.

I know NCAA 2k3 Basketball is supposed to be the rarest, but there are at least copies for sale online. On Racketboy's breakdown of rare Gamecube games, Gotcha Force was only mentioned as one of the affordable ones. I also couldn't find anything on wikipedia to make sense of this, either.

So is it just a brief drought or is Gotcha Force going to be one rare puppy?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Gotcha Force - Rarest Gamecube Game?

by CRTGAMER Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:37 pm

At first I thought was the Hamster game G Force. Never heard of Gotcha Force, looks like a basic Virtua On. An exclusive Gamecube Game, curse you captainhavoc I might have to take a long drive myself tomorrow. :oops:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flex wood
Next-Gen

by flex wood Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:42 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:At first I thought was the Hamster game G Force. Never heard of Gotcha Force, looks like a basic Virtua On. An exclusive Gamecube Game, curse you captainhavoc I might have to take a long drive myself tomorrow. :oops:

:lol: I look forward to the review buddy.

That sounds like something I could be interested in.
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:44 pm

I'd agree that it's rare. Honestly, it wasn't even on my radar until this summer when I saw a copy of it at Gamestop. Fortunately, I ended up buying it because it was a title I'd never seen before.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

by Hazerd Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Might have to goto my GameStoop and have them order this from another GS for me, only 9.99 :lol: also 2 within 100 miles of me.
captainhavoc
16-bit

by captainhavoc Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:49 pm

I actually ordered one several days ago, back when there were a few online. Paid about $30 for one advertised as like new. :roll: I would try the GameStop route if there was actually one in my city that had it and if I hadn't had such bad experiences with GS in the past.
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:04 pm

If Gamestop posted full online stocking lists by console (with pricing!), it would become my favorite store.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:45 pm

sabrage wrote:If Gamestop posted full online stocking lists by console (with pricing!), it would become my favorite store.

A last chance on the Gamecube games, they still list GBA too.
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/game-cube?nav=28xp0,1392-17e
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

Gotcha Force is a really neat game. There are literally a couple hundred “bots” that you collect and battle with.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Gotcha Force is fun - I recall grabbing mine on ebay auction for like $12. That College sports 2K3 game is the rarest by production run. I believe Backyard Basketball 2007 was the 2nd rarest iirc.

Pokemon Box and apparently the Metroid / Windwaker combo would be rarer as well.

There are some prototype games that had been started to be marketed and prototype discs got out, "Risk" comes to mind, those would be the rarest unoffocial games.
Return to Nintendo