Lets name the Top 200 SNES games

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Lets name the Top 200 SNES games

Post by GameMasterGuy »

According to Newton's pi-th law, for every good modern game, there is at least two good retro games. This means that if some guys in another thread can find 100 good Wii games, we should be more than capable of finding 200 SNES games to top them. Let's start with a bang, shall we?

1. Super Mario World
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Lets name the Top 200 SNES games

Post by Gamerforlife »

Oh, this thread is going to be gooooood

EDIT: In my mind this is going to be the top 200 SNES games I need to own.

EDIT2: Seeing as how we decided on adding comments to our picks after I first posted this, I'll just say that the Adventures of Batman and Robin perfectly brings Batman the Animated Series to video game form. The stages represent actual episodes from the show. The game's graphics look exactly like the cartoon. The game makes use of everything that makes Batman, well, Batman.

You have access to different gadgets, some of which are really interesting like a gas that knocks out the enemies in Poison Ivy's stage and a gas mask that protects you from Scarecrow's fear toxin. You can even disarm gun toting thugs with the batarang. You'll do platforming exercises using the grappling hook, which comes in handy when you're chasing Catwoman across the rooftops of Gotham City. You'll use The World's Greatest Detective's brain in the Riddler level. You'll team up with Robin to stop a heist by the Penguin. You'll beat up bad guys using Batman's martial prowess (for some real fun, grab a thug and hold onto him for a second before throwing him to see him squirm as Batman coldly stares at him) and you even get to use the Batmobile. The game has some nice cameos in the final stage too

If Batman Arkham City and Batman Arkham Asylum are the pinnacle of Batman games in 3D, this is THE best Batman game in 2D. No other 2D Batman does justice to the character the way this one does. Here's the first level:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqaiN2UQxEs
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Gamerforlife wrote:Oh, this thread is going to be gooooood

YES!
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

harper wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Oh, this thread is going to be gooooood

YES!

I love throwing this game in the face of people who are like, "Batman games sucked until Batman Arkham Asylum came out", which in my mind translates to, "I don't know my gaming history at all"

What's funny is that Konami is such a big name. How do so many people not know about the great Batman games they did?
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Killer Instinct

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I think it says a lot about the SNES that I feel we'll hit 200 pretty quick

EDIT: Adding some comments to this post, as we've been doing with a lot of other picks in this thread. I'd had a lot of fun playing Wild Guns. However, it's not the sort of game I usually play so I'll point you guys to a link that describes the game much better than I can. All I can say is that it's a pretty tough, but fair, twitch-based shooter where you move left and right on the foreground of the screen while shooting enemies in the background. Supposedly, Cabal plays the same way. The games has a nice arcade look and feel with bright, colorful graphics. It features cowboys and robots, which is pretty crazy. The soundtrack is a little like another great Natsume game, Ninja Warriors Again

http://hardcoregaming101.net/wildguns/wildguns.htm

Here's some gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlIdoy3F3cc
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Street Fighter II Turbo

Nuff said
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

i am so excited by another let's name thread!

Perhaps we need a "Lists" subforum
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Gamerforlife wrote:I love throwing this game in the face of people who are like, "Batman games sucked until Batman Arkham Asylum came out", which in my mind translates to, "I don't know my gaming history at all"

Um, yeah pretty much. Adventures of Batman and Robin kicked so much ass and the Snes version was THE best.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Its not as good as Rocket Knight Adventures on Genesis, and how it compares to the Genesis version of Sparkster (a totally different game) is debatable, but Sparkster on SNES is still a fantastic game and easily one of my favorites on the system as a whole. The music, by the way, is top notch.

In the interest of making it more interesting though, can I ask that people add some comments with their choices? It doesn't have to be an in depth review or anything, just a little something about the game. There are lots of folks on the boards getting burned out on the list topics, and some consistent discussion might alleviate that a bit.

I see we're already getting a bit of that on the Batman game (which is good!), I'm just throwing it out there.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.