Treasure on the wii

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
N64-Forever
8-bit

Treasure on the wii

Post by N64-Forever »

I want them to make a game for the wii.Maybe a shooter like ikaruga or maybe something like gunstar heros or alien soldier.In fact i would not mind them making a new rpg simliar to light crusadar.Does anyone express my same feelings
dwarpdesign
8-bit

Post by dwarpdesign »

I would love to see a beautiful shmup like ikaruga (but a new game) using the wiimote exclusively.
wyatt
32-bit

Post by wyatt »

While I love my Wii, 9 of 10 motions would be better off as a button press. So I am not sure how the motion control could fit into a shmup. Maybe the pointer could be where the bomb effect happens, as if the bombs were laser guided.
Let my legs shake me to sleep, and don't wake me when I sweat on my sheets.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I think the Wii wand would be great for targeting lock-on lasers. You can be shooting away and steering with the d-pad or the nunchuck while you are angling a targeting reticle on the screen and locking on for either missiles or lasers. Probably work great for a Macross game or a RayStorm series sequel.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I'd rather see a more traditional Treasure game. The company typically makes games based on old school, classic gameplay, while mixing in quirky new ideas. Making a game based on the Wii's gimmicky, new school, "try to appeal to the masses" controls really wouldn't feel like a Treasure game to me

Now THIS is what Treasure is about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnamed_Treasure_Shooter
pocket
24-bit

Post by pocket »

Treasure should release an original game on the virtual console.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Gamerforlife, you're absolutely right. If there is any developer that creates titles for the hardcore, it's Treasure, right? I'm just not sure I can see them going alpha-mom on us. Then again, as was said, they do to play around with quirks...

Kudos on the link to unamed 360 shooter. When are we going to hear more about this? Maybe at TGS next month? I've said it elsewhere in another thread, but that kind of original content is WAY more exciting to me than any of the classics on VC, no matter how solid they are/were.

My No. 1 Most Wished-For XBLA release is Radiant Silvergun. I've never played it. I think that game would clean up as a download on Live or PSN.