So is it impossible to find official S-NES controllers now?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

So is it impossible to find official S-NES controllers now?

Post by Gamerforlife »

A quick search on ebay and all I see are third party controllers that LOOK like the official ones
tHePhAnToM!??!
24-bit

Post by tHePhAnToM!??! »

Original Super Nintendo SNES Brand Controller Official...type that in when you are on ebay again and it will come up
i know of a used game store that would probably have quite a few. so i will let you know if i find quite a few.
"I'm killin you 'cause i can!"
Daniel Primed
64-bit

Post by Daniel Primed »

In Australia Cash Convertors stores generally have plenty of official controllers. I ought to get one as my second pad is unofficial and sucks. Plus y brother just bought Street Fighter 2 Turbo a week ago. ^_^
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

I think the problem is that most of the original controllers are sold with consoles. :(
abeisgreat
128-bit

Post by abeisgreat »

I think i have 10-12 orginals and no 3rd parties oldly enough
Beep beep Beep
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Interesting, I'll keep looking.

Those six button controllers Sega put out for the Genesis seem readily available. I guess with all the three button ones people already had, that would explain the 6-button ones being relatively easy to find, but with the S-NES you're stuck trying to find the original controllers, and in good condition

I swear, when it comes to collecting, everything seems a bit harder with the S-NES than it is with the Genesis.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Gamerforlife wrote:Interesting, I'll keep looking.

Those six button controllers Sega put out for the Genesis seem readily available. I guess with all the three button ones people already had, that would explain the 6-button ones being relatively easy to find, but with the S-NES you're stuck trying to find the original controllers, and in good condition

I swear, when it comes to collecting, everything seems a bit harder with the S-NES than it is with the Genesis.

I can see that in some ways. Some things are more scarce and usually more expensive for SNES. I'm going the opposite route of many of the people on this board (or so it seems) in that I'm just now collecting Genesis stuff. What really irks me is I make the rounds at my local game stores and all the Genesis game shelves are FILLED with tons of junky old sports games. Ugh. Not for me. Meanwhile, the SNES shelves are filled with real games. Some are over-priced, but at least they're there. So I'm left to eBay. ... Maybe it's just the town where I live ....
marurun

Post by marurun »

Well, if you're willing to make your own pads or joysticks, just buy a crap controller and rip out the controller board and replace the pad/stick and buttons with your own.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

marurun wrote:Well, if you're willing to make your own pads or joysticks, just buy a crap controller and rip out the controller board and replace the pad/stick and buttons with your own.

Sounds simple enough, any nice sites that detail the whole process. I'm not really accustomed to working with the insides of my systems or controllers. Though I did mod my N64 with a helpful guide, just so I could play Sin and Punishment
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

RadarScope1 wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:Interesting, I'll keep looking.

I can see that in some ways. Some things are more scarce and usually more expensive for SNES. I'm going the opposite route of many of the people on this board (or so it seems) in that I'm just now collecting Genesis stuff. What really irks me is I make the rounds at my local game stores and all the Genesis game shelves are FILLED with tons of junky old sports games. Ugh. Not for me. Meanwhile, the SNES shelves are filled with real games. Some are over-priced, but at least they're there. So I'm left to eBay. ... Maybe it's just the town where I live ....

Unfortunately, there are not too many ebay sellers these days looking to help out their fellow gamers with a good deal. You will find some kind souls with a little patience, but they are few and far between. Expect to see many overpriced items and many so-called good sellers(with high feedback scores)who are blatanly lying to you, claiming that some common item is rare. Ebay is a cesspool these days.