Virtual Console

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

fastbilly1 wrote:Pullmyfinger I thought the same way for some time. Until I realized that it was far easier for me just to move around the wii and some cube controllers than my 64, TG16, and the Wii (or a shuttle pc with controller adaptors). Are we getting ripped off? Probably, but it is worth the $20 something dollars to me for ease of transport and simplicity.

Though I really do wish they had added in kalleria.

You are right about the portability, but I like the original controllers too, playing anything with the GC's D-pad is a pain for me. Besides, I already have a pretty big collection (120+ NES Games, 40+ SNES Games and 60+ Genesis games). Perhaps I'd buy some of the very good Neo Geo stuff, but most of it has already been released on Saturn and PS2.

Besides, I still feel awkward about buying those kinds of things, I'd still buy a CD rather than pay for an iTunes download or get a DVD rather than pay to watch it on a 360. Maybe I'm old fashioned.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I hear you on the controller pains. Its the main reason I dont own a 2d game on the VC that I cant use the wiimote for. You would like one of my projects I am working on though. It is supposedly possible to hack thirdparty gamecube controllers and use them as interfaces for arcade controls. So I am going to attempt to hack one and kitbox it for my hotswapable arcade controls.

If it works, I am confident I can play around with it enough to get the right layout for neogeo games once they hit the virtual console. A Samurai Shodown II cab that is just the control panel would be a beautiful thing.

Ofcourse I cannot start this project until after I adjust my friends Sega GT cab's monitors and I have to do the wood work for my competition cab, ie what the controls will be interfacing with. My vs cab is currently waiting for paint and new controls (which reminds me I need to email rolly).
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

The Classic Controller is pretty good IMO, also HORI will be releasing this bad boy soon:

:)
Ender
8-bit

Post by Ender »

I'm getting one of those sticks xD
Owner of: White Saturn, Black Saturn, Regulation 7 Dreamcast, White Dremcast, Purple GameCube, Resident Evil 4 GameCube, Super Nintendo, Wii, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PSP, Black XBOX, Crystal XBOX, XBOX 360, GameBoy.

Looking Forward: NEO GEO AES, NEO GEO CD, Neo Geo Pocket Color, Megadrive, GameGear.
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

That stick does indeed look very nice!
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The stick looks awesome, but I fear it will have the plunger style buttons. Which work for the masses but they irk me pretty badly after using arcade component fighting sticks for a couple years. I also hope it uses the gamecube port instead of the wii controller port. Why? Well then we can use it for Ikaruga, Soul Calibur 2, Viewtiful Joe, Alien Hominid, Capcom vs Snk 2, well you get the idea.