Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Stark wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Rare Replay was made with so much love. That musical number in the beginning is great.

All you need is love. That and Viva Pinata.

I'm kind of partial to Lunar Jetman
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, Battletoads was rough to get through. It's a game that was always on my gaming bucket list, so beating it was a huge deal. The fact that I threw that up on Facebook despite it making me look like the total nerd I am tells you how serious I was about it. :)

If there was ever a game that needed passwords or save states, yeah, Blaster Master was it. It's an extraordinarily long game for an NES title.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:The fact that I threw that up on Facebook despite it making me look like the total nerd I am tells you how serious I was about it.

It's a feeling that's difficult for the unfamiliar to understand, I suppose. I felt that same kind of elation after finishing all From Software's first person dungeon crawlers. But when I told my wife she was like; "Good for you."

:?

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WOMAN
I HAD TO PUSH SO MANY BUTTONS
THE RIGHT WAY
AT THE RIGHT TIME
FOR HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Those buttons can never be un-pushed.

I got stuck at the Turbo Tunnels in Battle Toads for a long time when I was a kid, but I eventually learned to beat them and where to find the warp. I don't think I ever made it past the snake level. Or the snow level. I forget which comes first and which comes after, but I've played both, and one of them shut me down.

Oh, or was it that last vertical level with all the electrical barriers. I can't remember. I played the game far too much.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Exhuminator wrote:
Sarge wrote:The fact that I threw that up on Facebook despite it making me look like the total nerd I am tells you how serious I was about it.

It's a feeling that's difficult for the unfamiliar to understand, I suppose. I felt that same kind of elation after finishing all From Software's first person dungeon crawlers. But when I told my wife she was like; "Good for you."

:?

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WOMAN
THE RIGHT WAY
AT THE RIGHT TIME

when I finally beat Spelunky I woke my wife up. She was sleeping in the other room and I yelled out "Oh my God! Hun!" and she woke up and was like "you beat Spelunky! Awesome!" and went back to sleep. Honestly, the fact that she understood how monumental this was for me and didn't get mad at me for waking her up was super cool.
Last edited by noiseredux on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I think my wife is vaguely aware that I own an Atari. That's about it.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I think my wife is vaguely aware that I own an Atari. That's about it.

My wife occasionally asks me why I own more than one Atari.

But she does like games and plays a few platformers here and there. And she can still beat the original DKC without losing a life.

She also listens patiently while I rattle on about games or gaming history and doesn't talk to me like an idiot for being interested in this stuff.
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

My wife enjoys video games somewhat, she at least plays games on her phone that I put on there (she wouldn't seek them out on her own though). She does super enjoy co-op'ing games with me. (Earlier this week she told me to hurry up and get my dork cave done so we can get back to beating 360 and PS3 games together.) She also doesn't patronize me when I ramble about games. She often asks me what I'm playing and what I think about it, out of legit curiosity. Or just to get me to talk about something while we walk the dogs anyway.

All that said, she doesn't understand the throbbing drive to beat games, especially hard games. An example of a conversation we've had many times:

Me: "I'm so tired, I feel like poop."

Her: "You should go to bed. What was so important?"

Me: "I stayed up late trying to beat a game."

Her: "It's not going anywhere, just go to bed when you're tired."

Me: "These games aren't going to beat themselves."

Her: "That's dumb. It's stupid to lose sleep for that."

Me: "You don't understand. You think it's like this:"

Me: "But that shit be like:"

Her: "Go to bed."

Me: "Okay baby, I will."

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WOMAN
THE RIGHT WAY
AT THE RIGHT TIME

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is great.

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I think my wife is vaguely aware that I own an Atari. That's about it.

My wife and I play together sometimes, but not nearly as much as we should. (We still need to finish up Affordable Space Adventures... :? )

marlowe221 wrote:She also listens patiently while I rattle on about games or gaming history and doesn't talk to me like an idiot for being interested in this stuff.

My wife and I are both collectors. She listens to me prattle on about video games and gaming history, and I listen to her talk about antique/vintage furniture and art pottery. We may not collect the same things, but we understand each other (and I have learned a lot!).

Exhuminator wrote:My wife enjoys video games somewhat, she at least plays games on her phone that I put on there (she wouldn't seek them out on her own though).

My wife loves "word" games, and she is totally awesome at games like Spelltower.