Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Exhuminator »

Sarge wrote:The original is pretty darn brutal. I remember my brother and I tag-teamed it back in the day.

If there had only been a way to save your progress, I would have finished it. Having to do it all in one go was definitely brutal. I hope the new version has progress saving (I'm betting it does).
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Exhuminator wrote:
Sarge wrote:The original is pretty darn brutal. I remember my brother and I tag-teamed it back in the day.

If there had only been a way to save your progress, I would have finished it. Having to do it all in one go was definitely brutal. I hope the new version has progress saving (I'm betting it does).

Save states were invented with Blaster Master in mind. The game isn't that hard if you know what you're doing, but having to complete it in one sitting is just ridiculous. The exclusion of a password or save feature from that game (and from Battletoads, for that matter) is a disgrace.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I can't even beat Battletoads on Rare Replay WITH the rewind feature added...
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Omerta wrote:I can't even beat Battletoads on Rare Replay WITH the rewind feature added...

I didn't know there was a rewind feature haha.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I beat Battletoads and Battletoads/Double Dragon on NES as well as Battletoads in Battlemaniacs on SNES back in high school - my friend and I would sit there for hours on end several times a week chugging through it - but I needed that rewind whatever to finish the arcade game on Rare Replay.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

I've never made it completely past the hover bike level before the Xbox One was invented. I was shocked to find that there are actually more levels on that game. :lol:

There's some stuff like adding scan lines and other fanboy-ish features if you dig into it deeper.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Yeah I'm that guy who never got past the Turbo Tunnel. Neither did any of my friends in school at the time. I mean, I guess it's shameful to a degree. But I didn't love the game all that much to begin with, so the impetus to push through really wasn't there personally.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Omerta wrote:I've never made it completely past the hover bike level before the Xbox One was invented. I was shocked to find that there are actually more levels on that game. :lol:

That's why its a tragedy! Rare built all of these great levels, but no one ever got to see them because no one could make it past the hover bikes. If that level was a bit more forgiving and if Rare had included a password or save feature, Battletoads would be improved drastically (and, IMO, it would be arguably one of the best games of its generation).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Rare Replay was made with so much love. That musical number in the beginning is great.

Battletoads Arcade is insane. I couldn't even beat the first level without a continue.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:Rare Replay was made with so much love. That musical number in the beginning is great.

All you need is love. That and Viva Pinata.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.