Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

The keynote was absolutely huge. It was the final thing convincing me to preorder a 3DS.

Plus Super Mario 3DS looks awesome.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Flake

Post by Flake »

Gamegear games and Netflix on the 3DS? Nintendo is NOT playing around.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

...If i wasn't sold on the 3DS, I am now. Sony doesn't stand a chance.
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Yes 3DS will be awesome i like it since original DS and now 3ds gonna kick some ass.

Definitly skipping the buy on the psp because even back then i had psp and ds and i had to say the DS was way much better in terms of sheer games. I remember the last game i bought for the PSP was TEKKEN DR. \

I dont buy console for the graphics but rather the games and innovation.

and nintendo 3ds seem to have it all this time around.

But im still skeptical on the battery life so i will purchase this one release and will wait for a bit for the prices to drop or see the next 3ds that have greater batter life.
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Oh my. I still have my pre-order set in stone. Let's hope we see some Neo Geo Pocket games on there. After all, the Wii has Neo Geo games. I just hope Nintendo brings console games to the 3DS as well. They would win game set and match if they did that. There wouldn't be a need for a flashcarts to enable Homebrew since it supports all the games that we want to play in a legitimate way anyway.

Nintendo: The home of the real NGP.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:But im still skeptical on the battery life so i will purchase this one release and will wait for a bit for the prices to drop or see the next 3ds that have greater batter life.

Both the 3DS and NGP have terrible battery life, around 5 hours on max settings I believe. However, I heard that you cannot take out the NGP's battery without voiding the warranty (probably to avoid another pandora battery fiasco), so that is another advantage to the 3DS.
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Niode wrote:Oh my. I still have my pre-order set in stone. Let's hope we see some Neo Geo Pocket games on there. After all, the Wii has Neo Geo games. I just hope Nintendo brings console games to the 3DS as well. They would win game set and match if they did that. There wouldn't be a need for a flashcarts to enable Homebrew since it supports all the games that we want to play in a legitimate way anyway.

Nintendo: The home of the real NGP.

I would love this, but I suppose it would depend if companies like Playmore and whatnot actually still have the rights to the NGPC library.

Anyhow, whilst I'm skeptical about the idea of Nintendo home consoles coming to 3DS, the mega drive/genesis could be done right? The Nomad played Mega Drive games and was an official sega product. Its no different to them releasing Turbografx games on 3DS, presumably under the TurboExpress title.

Man, it'd be sweet if we could see some Wonderswan stuff on it too, although I guess seeing as its all japanese it's rather unlikely.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ocarina-of-t ... ster-quest

Excellent news. Maybe the GameCube version will finally drop in price enough for me to grab it.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Rayban
16-bit

Post by Rayban »

I peed a little after reading that... :shock:
Image10001110101
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:http://nintendo3dsblog.com/ocarina-of-time-3d-will-include-the-master-quest

Excellent news. Maybe the GameCube version will finally drop in price enough for me to grab it.

FUCK YES. Despite having the Gamecube version of Master Quest, I just couldn't get on with the controls. Knowing that this has an improved interface and control scheme means I'll finally play through Master Quest.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys