Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Xeogred »

Any thoughts on Infinite Space? I remember that one getting Legend of the Galactic Heroes comparisons years back which was enticing. Looks pricey though.

Tempted to get Link Between Worlds now, but there's so much coming out this month!!! This year is so crazy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I found Infinite Space to be fun. There's a lot of "if I can just get a bit more I can get this even cooler ship!" "ooh, now I can trick out my ship more" going on. The story was interesting and it was fun filling out your crew with a motley assortment of individuals. The combat is nothing to write home about, though; ship to ship is the regular/strong/dodge RPS style that later adds in fighters that mix things up a bit, but then there's ship boarding which is pure RPS, except one of the options comes with an added benefit so you ALWAYS want to pick that one (the computer arbitrarily choose what attack it uses and randomly will switch into a disadvantageous position against you).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

IS is awesome and wish Platinum would make more RPGs like it.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:Any thoughts on Infinite Space?

I only know one person in real life who beat it. He seemed to enjoy the game but complained about the plot a fair bit. I've been interested in playing it myself someday, but:

You're looking at 40-60 hours to beat this thing, and that's a fairly large investment for a DS visual novel / strategy game. I just haven't found myself in the right mindset to take it on yet.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I've been enjoying my 3DS.

Plenty of current games that look right up my alley (Ever Oasis, Kirby: Planet Robobot, RPG Maker Fes - probably gonna nab one of these later today) as well as some exciting upcoming titles (Etrian Odyssey V, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology).

Radiant Historia on DS is one of the best turn-based JRPGs to be released in some time.

With the Wii U being "dead" (and my "gaming PC" being ancient) the Vita and 3DS are the only "modern systems" that I own. And I kinda like it that way. I have a nice narrow niche focus and don't feel overwhelmed by a seemingly infinite number of available games out there.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:the Vita and 3DS are the only "modern systems" that I own. And I kinda like it that way.

Yes both systems have a had a great run insofar as JRPGs, action-RPGs, and DRPGs are concerned. This year alone has been especially buoyant towards the Vita. However next year is looking slim on upcoming releases for both platforms. 2018 may prove the end for westward support of 3DS/Vita, but at least they've gone out with a bang. Personally I've got enough titles in both libraries to last me many years. Which is good, because I don't see a lot on PS4 or Switch that entices me. (Android and PC however are keeping me happy going forward.)

A little off topic, but Bone this might interest you: http://www.xseedgames.com/games/zwei-th ... urrection/

XSEED is saying Fall 2017 release now. I'll be on it!
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Whoa! Nice. I had no idea. Zwei is rad.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Man. I have so many games for the 3DS but i tend to focus on clearing my PS4 backlog so i hardly ever got around playing them. It sucks that i'm really bad of setting a goal and keeping up with it because otherwise i would play at least one 3DS game per month (i tried and quickly failed)

Just got Culdcept today and i will put extra effort trying to get around playing it after i'm done with Fallout 4 DLC and surge.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Kuruwin wrote:Fallout 4 DLC and surge.

If it helps you save time (spoiler for the last piece of Fallout 4 DLC):

Just kill everyone but the slaves with the bomb collars. You'll instantly fail the entire main quest line. You'll be done in ten minutes flat.

Time is precious.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I wish it would be that easy :D