Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Blu
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Blu »

Wow, that's a pretty amazing manual. It really tugs on my heart strings! Fire the game up prfsnl_gmr and let us know if its any good. Or if it's so bad, it's good.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Blu wrote:Wow, that's a pretty amazing manual. It really tugs on my heart strings! Fire the game up prfsnl_gmr and let us know if its any good. Or if it's so bad, it's good.

It's actually pretty fun! It is decidedly old-fashioned (and like all SMS platformers, jumping is a little "floaty"), but as a member of this site, I am fine with that!

I will probably play through it early next year, and I will write down my impressions in the 2015 Games Beaten thread.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

http://www.atlus.com/devilsurvivor2rb/

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... k20241-20/

If you live in the USA, have a 3DS, and love you some Atlus, mark April 7th, 2015 on your calendar.

More than an update, the new content is supposed to be almost as long as the original game itself.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/ea ... ds-on-ebay

(sorry for the mobile link)
If the US gets these, I wonder what the criteria will be to be "selected to purchase". I got the original at launch, the xl at launch, and the zelda xl. I have transferred my ambassador games through all of those and have made platinum status the last 3 years.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

jay_red wrote:http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/early-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-edition-owners-selling-handhelds-on-ebay

If the US gets these, I wonder what the criteria will be to be "selected to purchase". I got the original at launch, the xl at launch, and the zelda xl. I have transferred my ambassador games through all of those and have made platinum status the last 3 years.

I got an email offering earlier today. I got a 3DS at launch, but I know of people who aren't early adopter ambassadors who got the offer, and those who were who didn't.

I didn't buy it. I only got my 3DS XL a few months ago, and now I have that big screen, I don't fancy going back to a smaller one. I'll buy the New 3DS XL eventually.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

jay_red wrote:http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/01/06/early-nintendo-3ds-ambassador-edition-owners-selling-handhelds-on-ebay

I read a bit about this earlier. If it were a New 3DS XL I'd be all over it. But the smaller sized one, and what amounts to a couple of face-plates? If they do that over here and I was offered one I'd have to think about it.

Why, oh why, can't the XL have face-plates?
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Michi wrote:Why, oh why, can't the XL have face-plates?

So there's a (made up) reason for the normal one to exist?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

alienjesus wrote:

I got an email offering earlier today. I got a 3DS at launch, but I know of people who aren't early adopter ambassadors who got the offer, and those who were who didn't.

I didn't buy it. I only got my 3DS XL a few months ago, and now I have that big screen, I don't fancy going back to a smaller one. I'll buy the New 3DS XL eventually.

I got an email and bought one on the spot. I've put a listing on eBay though as I have absolutely zero use for it. Still easy £100+ profit. I want the New 3DS XL eventually so that money will just go towards that. Call it a monetary reimbursement for the price drop on the original 3DS.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I know most probably are aware but the standard New 3DS screen is larger than the old 3DS one, just not as big as the XL. Yet, the New 3DSXL and 3DSXL have the same screen size, so you're paying a good bit more for less of a screen size expansion and none of those faceplates if you're into that.

That's the only reason I'm unsure which I'd eventually get. I was fine on the old 3DS but I did like the increase in size, but with the New 3DS panel being between the old 3DS and XL in size it may just not be worth the added cost.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Unless some absolutely spectacular exclusive games show up on the New 3DS, I'm not upgrading again. I suspect it's going to end up a bit like the DSi, but who knows? I just know that the port of Xenoblade isn't something I need, I just finished that game off recently anyway and am in no mood to play it again (or something similar).