Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Just got the 3DS Radiant Historia the other day. Haven't played it yet but I love this new art style.

I've been considering picking that one up. I got fed up with the DS version years ago, but I'm thinking the 3DS version might go hand-in-hand with the original in becoming quite a rare game eventually.
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I think that 3DS will be around for a couple more years to come at least. As long as there is a market for a dedicated handheld only that sees people wanting to make games for it in a market where the cost of making titles on it continues to drop (and likely kit costs too after so many years) it makes it easier to approach factoring the huge base of ownership as well. No it won't see a big blow out like in the first few years or so, but it should be decent still as it has some solid quality output still. Combine that also with the low price non-3D models in standard through XL sizes any group can get into it easy.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I advised friends to buy refurbished models on Nintendo’s online store. You have the New 3DS XL for $150. The slate 2DS is a solid $60. You can’t go wrong for that price.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

No that does work. You can with work beat that price, but it won't come with a 1yr Nintendo warranty so that cancels out any bargain hunting and patience.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

There's some digital sale going on, I grabbed OoT 3D for $15!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

It's kind of random but there are multiple 3DS and Switch I think too releases that are 50% off or at least that high or less. I never saw a news bite for it so it's either a quiet sale or a flash one.