Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Tanooki »

Gurumin is on PC, I have had it on GoG since it came out. Had it originally on PSP and its pretty fun.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Definitely interested when that goes 50% off again.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

So I finally tracked my 3DS digital content. They've moved their VC work to essentially being New 3DS required SNES games - which reportedly are lauded as the best way to play the game if not on original hardware. Looks like all the original GB games are done and out :/

Alien On the Run
Bomb Monkey
Chain Blaster
Crazy Construction
Escape from Zombie City
Fairune
Gunman Clive
Gunman Clive 2
Gunslugs
Gunslugs II
Hazumi
Hyperlight EX
Jump Trials Extreme
Kirby Fighters Deluxe
Mighty Switch Force
Moon Chronicles
Nano Assault EX
Ninja Battle Heroes
OlliOlli
Pirate Pop Plus
Pushmo
Retro City Rampage
Runny Egg
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Siesta Fiesta
Smash Cat Heroes
Steam World Dig
Super Strike Beach Volleyball
Titan Attacks
Undead Bowling
Undead Nightmare Storm
Woah Dave
Zen Pinball

Kid Icarus 3D Classics
TwinBee 3D Classics
Xevious 3D Classics
Bejeweled Twist DSiWare
Bomberman Blitz DSiWare
Metal Torrent DSiWare
Mr. Driller: Drill Till You Drop DSiWare
Pro-Putt Domo DSiWare
Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition DSiWare
Alleyway GB
Donkey Kong GB
Golf GB
Kirby's Block Ball GB
Kirby's Dream Land GB
Kirby's Dream Land 2 GB
Kirby's Pinball Land GB
Kirby's Star Stacker GB
Pinball: Revenge of the Gator GB
Super Mario Land GB
Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins GB
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 GB
Kirby's Dream Land GB
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening GBC
Mario Golf GBC
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge GBC
Shantae GBC
Wario Land 3 GBC
Wario Land II GBC
NES Open Tournament Golf NES
Summer Carnival '92 RECCA NES
3D After Burner II Sega M2
3D Ecco the Dolphin Sega M2
3D Fantasy Zone Opa-Opa Bros Sega M2
3D Gunstar Heroes Sega M2
3D Out Run Sega M2
3D Shinobi III Return of the Ninja Master Sega M2
3D Sonic the Hedgehog Sega M2
3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Sega M2
3D Space Harrier Sega M2
3D Streets of Rage Sega M2
3D Streets of Rage II Sega M2
3D Super Hang On Sega M2
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I wish I could remember what all I have on the 3DS, but I don't have a list of it. I used to on my game list in the signature, but I got tired of tracking digital vapor that isn't actually owned so I erased it. I know I bought most of the 3D Classic from Nintendo, no more than 1/2 the Sega ones. I did both the Humble Bundle Nintendo packs so I have those 3DS near freebies, and anything under the Ambassador (10 NES/10GBA) and I added around 5-7 GB/GBC titles too. There's quite a bit there, including that 3D Golf game, the freebie Zelda, and a few others maybe 40-50 games.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Unless it's tied to a running subscription or being online, I don't consider that "vapor ware". It's on a SD card and tied to my account and purchasing history.

I enjoy playing the original portable games this way - save states are great too.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I get that, but to me accounts and DRM tied to system or account stuff is only as good as until the system fails, licensing gets pulled, or some other horrible thing (theft, etc) and it's gone so that's why I think that way. Yet when you can buy stand alone digital in random places or the stuff on GoG which are controlled independent downloads that stuff I consider real.

I mean if you're curious I can go get the New3DS out and check it, there's a good bit there, some overlaps with real items I have too.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

^ Have you tried any of the SNES New3DS only titles? When I sort by "most recent" it's all SNES for the 3DS nowadays. They're done porting old GB and GBC games (although they Pokemon ones were somewhat recent).

Perhaps this will pick up with the Switch VC.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

To be perfectly honest no I haven't. It's convoluted the story why, but basically put. I had one, then decided I didn't need one due to a 'find', then my wife remembered she got rid of hers and wanted one again, and our friend rob(mas) on here did me a solid, and ended up with another.

So due to that whole flip flop I never bought any, nor am I really all too aware what the hell is even on there to be fair. I had intended out of the gate, due to the handheld pick up nature of the early titles, to buy F-Zero and Pilotwings, and I know that old Mario World and Earthbound were advertised. But given the dumbass behavior of NIntendo with the VC for years now since basically the WiiU popped up and they got flaky with releases I stopped paying attention as it got really really disappointing.

I guess I have a moment, now I'll go take a peek. Probably easily found using the VC release list then filtering by New3DS on NintendoLife.com.

Edit: Well nintenolife in the last year jacked up their out now/coming soon list script, can't filter it anymore to see what's up. Wikipedia has a page thankfully. Admittedly if I had a deep wallet and no reason to dislike digital I'd buy everything there more or less other than probably MM7 & the MMX trio and the BoF titles, but in all fairness I own the lot of them other than Kirby's Dream Course and Demon's Crest but I've had them in the last 3-5 years every single one. F-Zero, Pilotwings would probably be it. If I felt a need for variety perhaps SFA2, and Super Mario World would be worth it along with maybe Final Fight 1or3, and either of the Castlevania titles. Kind of shocked only Konami and Capcom cares and Gradius III isn't on there. If ActRaiser ever appeared, instant pick up.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Just a friendly reminder to my fellow 3DS enthusiasts, this releases Friday:

Official site: http://fireemblemechoes.nintendo.com/

Metacritic's holding at 84% thus far: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/fire ... f-valentia

And yes pansies reasonable people can still turn off permadeath.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Definitely looking forward to this one. I'm very interested to see how much the mechanics get updated.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.