Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
MrPopo wrote:But if they made something that takes full advantage of the gamepad then they wouldn't be able to cheaply port it to the Xbone/PS4 (or even port it at all). No normal publisher is going to give up that much easy money.

That is the true conundrum that Nintendo faces. Do you make a creative game and limit its audience to only wii u users, or should we just port a common mainstream game that is open to every platform?

frustrating....but true.

I am firmly in the "exclusivity is good" camp. When I decide what platform to purchase (as I did with PS3/360) I based my decision based on the console exclusives. As a gamer, and if you can play any game on any console, then where is the motivation to choose one or the other?

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Retrogamer0001 wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:
MrPopo wrote:But if they made something that takes full advantage of the gamepad then they wouldn't be able to cheaply port it to the Xbone/PS4 (or even port it at all). No normal publisher is going to give up that much easy money.

That is the true conundrum that Nintendo faces. Do you make a creative game and limit its audience to only wii u users, or should we just port a common mainstream game that is open to every platform?

frustrating....but true.

I am firmly in the "exclusivity is good" camp. When I decide what platform to purchase (as I did with PS3/360) I based my decision based on the console exclusives. As a gamer, and if you can play any game on any console, then where is the motivation to choose one or the other?

I agree with you, but for a publisher, they do not see that as a positive. That means they have limited their audience greatly. That is why console companies spend so much money trying to acquire companies and sign exclusive deals.

I want more quality exclusive titles and I want more and more reasons for people to invest in Nintendo products. The future will determine.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Exclusive titles certainly gives a platform an identity that sets it apart. But, as Meat said, it just isn't financially feasible for a lot of these companies unless they mysteriously receive a lot of bags filled with large sums of money.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

I still kinda stand behind that i buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games.

Bought my Wii U for MK8 mainly, and i anticipate more Nintendo games i want to play. (wasnt too thrilled with NSMB:U) ZombiU was pretty good with the gamepad.

Bought my 3DS XL for MK7 (which was bundled with), and now i have a new Zelda game and a new Yoshi game for my 3DS XL.

I have yet to buy any games from the eShop for my 3DS or Wii U.

Bought a PS3 for the Blu-ray player and God of War 3 originally, and glad i did, because the Uncharted games were great and not having to have multiple discs on for 1 game like with the 360.

I wouldnt buy a Multi-platform game for my Wii U unless it offered something to set it apart from other versions of the game

Id like to get Deus Ex:HR on the Wii U, i hear the gamepad works great.
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Hazerd wrote:I wouldnt buy a Multi-platform game for my Wii U unless it offered something to set it apart from other versions of the game

The Wii U version of NFS Most Wanted is pretty much considered the best version as well. Criterion put a lot of effort into the port; unfortunately, no one bought it. :(
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Any1 hear or read news on when Moon Chroniclers is officially releasing?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

FerretGamer wrote:
Hazerd wrote:I wouldnt buy a Multi-platform game for my Wii U unless it offered something to set it apart from other versions of the game

The Wii U version of NFS Most Wanted is pretty much considered the best version as well. Criterion put a lot of effort into the port; unfortunately, no one bought it. :(

I'd buy it if I had a wii u but I already bought it on vita. It's amazing on there...how different is it on wii u? Though one of the main reasons I want a wii u (besides the zelda we're still waiting on) is mk8. But I really want to get 3ds for all the first parties I've seen released lately. I think the longer I wait the more games I'm going to be looking at getting :lol:

By the way who else wants tomodachi life? I think it's odd, but for some odd reason that makes me want it more. Oh and "All hail the virtual boy" :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Anubis
32-bit

Post by Anubis »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The whole dual screen (DS) aspect is perfect for RPGs too. Have your stats on one screen, action on another...

And I prefer to play RPGs on handhelds these days. 40 hours in front of a TV isn't happening.

That's exactly my thoughts. I just don't have the time to sit down and game in front of the TV anymore. I live with three roommates, and it'd be unfair and a bit obnoxious of me to take over the living room TV for 100 hours while I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

No prefer the ability to game on my own screen. It's for more relaxing for me. I also travel for work, so it's nice to be able to play in airports and hotel rooms.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Still waiting on the first installment of Moon Chronicles! Any1 DLing this?

Any1 excited for Kirby? Looks awesome!

I agree handheld RPGs are great. I can be in the same room with headphones.... a bit less reclusive lol :) & you're right about not hogging the TV!

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Jagosaurus wrote:Any1 excited for Kirby? Looks awesome!

It looks pretty good, I agree. I'll have to wait and see how long the game is. I felt kind of burned when I bought Kirby's Return to Dreamland on Wii for $50 and beat the game in 4 hours.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.