Nintendo 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by jay_red »

2 new 3ds models announced, a Zelda one and an animal crossing. The surprising thing about the animal crossing one is that it is the normal size, not the xl. It comes with the game and 2 sets of face plates.

I was able to pre-order the Zelda version before it sold out, my wife is due for an upgrade from her old blue xl. It should compliment my majoras mask version nicely also. Sorry no pics as I'm on my phone, Zelda version is game stop exclusive sadly.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

It's nice they got around to the normal sized one, it's what I really wanted anyway as I don't need the extra large panel. No point now, as mine works fine, but I think there should be a scalper issue on this. It comes out 90 days before Christmas. Gamestop only sells it. I can imagine those two coming together as a perfect storm to harm peoples wallets who can't get one legit from the store who need it as a holiday present.

Personally I also wonder if the one with the plates is all that wise to have anyway. Going by the dirt that gets under the snap on front plate on my GB Micro from use or just storage I think it would need somewhat regular cleaning. I just wish those rainbow buttons had made it to the big system as I like the SFC color look.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Anyone notice that a new Langrisser game was released about a month ago!? :shock:

Shame about the region-locking thing...
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Damn shame. I hate what Nintendo did reversing years of history of being open ended on handhelds just over cheap petty fear once they added wifi to the things as they pulled a 180 then and that was it. I've got a nice small supply of imports for both the GB/C format and GBA and it's just maddening.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

My Wife's new Zelda 3ds showed up tonight! The tracking said out for delivery all day, 7pm came and went without a delivery. I gave up hope around 8:30, expecting the tracking to update saying it would be delivered tomorrow, and then at 8:45... the door bell rings and there it is!

Just got done doing the system transfer for her, here is a pic compared to my Majora's Mask version, the gold is very different between them:

Her blue xl has seen hundreds of hours of play, and is well worn, it was about time for her to upgrade!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Was it from Amazon? Here in the UK, amazon deliver until 9pm, which seems ridiculous lol.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

Reprise wrote:Was it from Amazon? Here in the UK, amazon deliver until 9pm, which seems ridiculous lol.

amazon in the US doesn't sell Nintendo systems anymore since the original 3ds drama
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Anyone notice that a new Langrisser game was released about a month ago!? :shock:

That whole region lock is the only reason I'm about ready to homebrew my ds with something that hopefully won't brick it but will just remove the region lock and just that but have it's own update system to avoid disabling it with system updates...funny how sony went that route of no region lock but screwed themselves on pricing so didn't do much good despite how great of a system it is...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Anyone notice that a new Langrisser game was released about a month ago!? :shock:

Update: it's getting an American release!!!!!!

Guess I should get around to picking up Warsong now.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:

Update: it's getting an American release!!!!!!

Guess I should get around to picking up Warsong now.

I was gonna mention that hentai/anime artist in your JRPG Densetsu thread... :lol: