Blaster works and WiiWare

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
metaleggman
128-bit

Blaster works and WiiWare

Post by metaleggman »

Majesco announced that they're making a shmup based on TUMIKI Fighters called Blasterworks for the Wii. Blasterworks, as seen here on IGN, has a very stylized look, though I can't say it impresses me too much, where the players go through "15 land, air, and sea-based stages." There is also two-player cooperative mode and a defend the fort mode where the player uses the wiimote as a gun turret.

Also, according to IGN UK, Nintendo announced that there will be a WiiWare section of the Wii Shop Channel for distribution of original game content from both large and small developers. Hopefully this will give life to some cool new innovative games like on XBLA. :)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

All I am hoping for is that the SDK for Wiiware will be cheap enough that the homebrew donmaku/beatemup teams can afford it. Imagine Perfect Cherry Blossom Wii...that just screams cool.

Though Blasterworks looks mighty cool too. Seems the Wii is fast becoming the Shump console. Not only does it have all the Cube shumps, it keeps getting more. Be it a Naomi port, ej Karous, or a something like this.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

fastbilly1 wrote:All I am hoping for is that the SDK for Wiiware will be cheap enough that the homebrew donmaku/beatemup teams can afford it. Imagine Perfect Cherry Blossom Wii...that just screams cool.
I never thought about that! That'd be awesome if they games like that. They just need to make it so you can use SD cards to run channels (cuz Nintendo'll prolly use that, we all know it...:() and allow for easier channel customization, or allow for it in general if they haven't already...
samratty
16-bit

Post by samratty »

I believe currently the Wii SDK is 2g's, hopefully they drop the price abit or release a WiiWare one for poorer indies.
If so I might even grab one.
But i look forward to the results of this nonetheless
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

samratty wrote:I believe currently the Wii SDK is 2g's, hopefully they drop the price abit or release a WiiWare one for poorer indies.
If so I might even grab one.
But i look forward to the results of this nonetheless
Well, I would think if they did this they would give out smaller key sdks for less. It wouldn't really make sense to sell a full scale one to a small development studio and it wouldn't really make sense to open something to small scale development studios if the only sdk available would cost that much. But that is interesting idea to mix into the equation.;) I hope Nintendo thought this one out...