Sonic + RPG + BioWare + Nintendo DS = Bricks Shat

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Perseid
32-bit

Post by Perseid »

Hmm. An RPG where you have to recover the crystals before the evil villain can destroy the world. I've never played an RPG like that before. :)
MattG-PTB
8-bit

Post by MattG-PTB »

racketboy wrote:
MattG-PTB wrote:Yeah, let's take a character known for his amazing speed and drop him into an adventure involving turn-based combat and menus! Yes, that's jumping to a pessimistic conclusion, but remember what happened the last time Sega stripped Sonic of his lightning feet?

Never actually seen that game before.
I figured you liked to Sonic Spinball (not terrible) or Sonic Shuffle :)

Yes, you're not missing much with Sonic Labyrinth. It's like playing a Super Mario game where Mario can't jump or a Zelda game that doesn't include a sword. It's just not right.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Perseid wrote:Hmm. An RPG where you have to recover the crystals before the evil villain can destroy the world. I've never played an RPG like that before. :)

haha awesome.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.
samratty
16-bit

Post by samratty »

Maybe they'll do something a la Super Paper Mario, with actual game elements akin to the game. That would be awesome, althouhg I doubt it will go that way for some reason.
I find myself less and less interested in RPGs these days, it has to be something pretty damn special to pull me. A Sonic RPG just sounds corny to me, but who knows Bioware are a great developer, so I hope it's good.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Richard wrote:I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.

Not a bad idea, actually.
Richard

Post by Richard »

racketboy wrote:
Richard wrote:I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.

hahahaha , thanks :D
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Richard wrote:
racketboy wrote:

hahahaha , thanks :D

Tbh, PDS is just a complex version of the Mario RPGs... :) I'm not trying to say which one came first, but the battles, with the exception of Boss ones, in the Mario RPGs are usually pretty short. Hell, even the boss ones are short compared to most of the boss fights in Final Fantasy...but the gameplay itself is very satisfying, because learning the timing for each battle item is fun and challenging. Plus, you can turn most defensive moves into offensive moves and the enemies are just crazy... :lol: But ya, a Sonic RPG would have to be fast paced and active, or else it just wouldn't be fun...then again, I'm sure Bioware has some trick up its sleeve. :wink:
Ivo
Next-Gen

It would be great

Post by Ivo »

If it is like that GBA Castlevania - basically a platformer with RPG elements.

I think it would work with Sonic gameplay and level ups, and acquiring extra abilities (double jump and so on) by stages. Oh and... 2D, not 3D.

But let's see what BioWare comes up with.

Ivo.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

You know a MMO would be overrun with furries. I hope they stay away from that genre...