NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Wii Duo Shot

by Weekend_Warrior Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:28 am

So I saw this gun accessory at my local Gamestop last weekend and did some research on it. Allegedly, this is supposed to work well for games like Resident Evil 4 on the Wii that require the use of the "A" button on the Wiimote to fire your gun, and also for other shooting games that utilize both buttons.

How it works is the regular trigger is attached to a bracket on top of the gun that "sweeps" the A button on your Wiimote. And the second trigger that is attached just below that - on the gun handle - is the B button, which could be pressed to "pull your gun out and aim" in RE4 or as a reload button in other games via button customization.

From part of what I've read, the Duo Shot was originally designed by Pelican and was supposed to be released a couple years ago, but then Gamestop reportedly bought the exclusive rights to it and it is just now being sold at Gamestop's under a company named PDP.

There doesn't seem to be many reviews of it anywhere online yet, but from the bits and pieces I've gathered from the people who own one... it seems to be "just as good if not better than the Nyko Perfect Shot" and that "it feels more comfortable and balanced when compared to previous models by other companies."

Some have noted as a negative that the bracket on top sometimes does not sweep the A button very well, "but if you wrap a little bit of tape or something around the bracket than that usually does the trick."

Does anyone have this accessory and care to share their review? Any more info would be great. Thanks
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Wii Duo Shot

by Weekend_Warrior Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:03 am

So I bought this today and it's AWESOME! I just played some Sin and Punishment: Star Successor with it and it works flawlessly! It's a great buy for $14.99 @ Gamestop. I highly recommended it. 8)
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Return to Nintendo