Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Re: Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

Post by Opa Opa »

Pichu wrote:Of course I did! Got it 2 days ago, starting it up now since I don't have school. :D
Did you get the slime? Remember: only the cool kids have a slime. :wink: :lol:
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

What? I wasn't paying attention, too busy looking at my slime! :lol:

Yeah I really like plushies like this, so it is a great thing to have and proudly display.
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

So I've been thinking a LOT about Dragon Quest lately after playing through DQB and DQ1 this past week. I also got to thinking about how I tried to replay 4 and 6 after beating 5 a couple years ago and being absolutely unable to get into 6 again. I really liked 6 after playing it after 4. It was one of the games that got me into Dragon Quest (even though technically the DS remake of 4 did). But I just couldn't not see all of its flaws going back to it (flaws I will hold off listing here before I get y'all's opinions on it). I even watched The Completionist's top ten Dragon Quest video a couple days back, and it isn't even on his list (he includes spin-offs as well as mainline games in it).

I'm at the point now where even though I haven't played 2, 3 or 7 yet (and haven't really gotten past the first hour or so of 8), I feel I can safely say that DQ6 is the least good mainline DQ game that isn't multiplayer-focused. Does anyone else feel similarly?
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Actually, DQVI is one of my favorites. I liked it more than DQV, which everyone seems to love, but I just thought was good. I've played through both the SNES and DS remakes. The DS version of DQV is better for sure, but I liked the SNES version of VI slightly more. The games play almost identically, but the pixel art looks much better in the SNES version, without all that 3D and iffy sprite scaling and whatnot.

The weakest of the series is... hmm... well, by default, probably the first game. Dragon Quest II second. Then DQIX and DQV. I tend to like them all, though.