Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

Post by Opa Opa »

RPG fans get excited. DQ VI will be here February 14, 2011.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/114/1141021p1.html
-----------Edit----------------------

So... Did anyone get it? Or am I the only one with a slime plush sitting on my shelf?
Last edited by Opa Opa on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon Quest VI DS getting released in North America

Post by Bradtemple87 »

well about damn time, only a few years late

Saw the news the other day and the port should be solid since the others were
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
k.vlaros
64-bit

Post by k.vlaros »

Really cool news. I am a nut over IX and I have the IV and V remakes already. In fact, although the presentation of IX is a clearly more "sophisticated" than the remakes, I actually prefer the look of the fully rotatable environments in the trilogy over IX's more admittedly more detailed (but also a little washed out and less dynamic) environments. Have had VI preordered on Amazon for a while and it's great to finally have a date... and box art. Thanks Nintendo!
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

Awesome it's about time!! :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'll be glad to finally be able to knock out the last entry in the DQ series.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
LoneCynic
32-bit

Post by LoneCynic »

Yes, I've felt that sick feeling of limbo on this for awhile now, wondering if this game would be localized or not. I've been a long time fan of the Dragon Warrior, excuse me, Dragon "Quest" games. (I know it is the true title, but I've been calling it the former for so long.)

I have most of the games in the series, and I've long wanted to play part 6. Ever since reading about it in the magazines as a kid. So I am glad this one is finally coming out. Do you guys have all the other games in one form or another as well?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yup, I've got every english release of the series. 1-4 NES, 7 PSX, 8 PS2, 4-5, 9 DS, Monsters 1 & 2 (only Tara's Journy), 1&2, 3 GBC. I remember a buddy showing me the series when I was a kid and I didn't quite get it, then later on my brother picked up DQ3 GBC and it was a fun, traditional RPG. I then started snapping up the ROMs, and then later saw 8 for cheap in a used game store, and I was hooked from there on.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

MrPopo wrote:Yup, I've got every english release of the series. 1-4 NES, 7 PSX, 8 PS2, 4-5, 9 DS, Monsters 1 & 2 (only Tara's Journy), 1&2, 3 GBC. I remember a buddy showing me the series when I was a kid and I didn't quite get it, then later on my brother picked up DQ3 GBC and it was a fun, traditional RPG. I then started snapping up the ROMs, and then later saw 8 for cheap in a used game store, and I was hooked from there on.

very nice, I have been wanting to pick up the gbc versions lately
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

I've almost beaten IV for the DS. So grabbing this and V when I can.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
greg
64-bit

Post by greg »

Have you noticed the price for DQV lately? IV can be had for cheap; I got mine for $9.99 new for a New Year's Day sale at Game Crazy (R.I.P.) this year. I was waiting for V's price to drop to $19.99 (just like IX has recently), but I never saw it for that price and now it's gone. Used, complete copies are going for $50 on Amazon Marketplace!