Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon Quest VI DS getting released in North America

Post by AmishSamurai »

greg wrote:Have you noticed the price for DQV lately? IV can be had for cheap; I got mine for $9.99 new for a New Year's Day sale at Game Crazy (R.I.P.) this year. I was waiting for V's price to drop to $19.99 (just like IX has recently), but I never saw it for that price and now it's gone. Used, complete copies are going for $50 on Amazon Marketplace!

Probably because of it's fame as Yuji Hori's absolute favorite of the DQ series. Same reason that copies of FFVII are expensive as balls
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
Opa Opa

Re: Dragon Quest VI DS released! Did you get it?

Post by Opa Opa »

first post edited...
irixith
Next-Gen

Post by irixith »

greg wrote:Have you noticed the price for DQV lately?

V ended up being a very limited print run because of the lack of sales. It's going to be a rare game, so if you find it, snap it up. The price is only going up from hereon in.
cyborc
32-bit

Post by cyborc »

irixith wrote:
greg wrote:Have you noticed the price for DQV lately?

V ended up being a very limited print run because of the lack of sales. It's going to be a rare game, so if you find it, snap it up. The price is only going up from hereon in.

I managed to find DQV at a local gamestop today...unfortunately it didn't have a case and I don't really like supporting gamestop but I suppose it beats paying the crazy ebay prices.

I picked up VI but It'll be a while before I get to it; I still need to beat IV and then start on V.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I better go track down a copy of DQ V for the DS :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
toadhall
24-bit

Post by toadhall »

If you want a DQV for cheap(er), try looking for the European versions, and not just the UK version either.

Look for either the French, German, Italian or the Spanish version and you'll find them for MUCH cheaper than the US version. The European version (doesn't matter which country) has the English text in it and as long as you have your DS language set to English, the game will load in English.

The caveat is that obviously the boxart and manual will be in a foreign language.

Still... I like my french copy of DQV very much and can't wait to get DQVI for myself when possible.
Drop by my Nintendo retro gaming blog:
http://www.retroboyadvance.com
corn619
Next-Gen

Post by corn619 »

Man, I haven't even had time to finished IX yet! Beating a DQ game is usually like a 1 to 2 year event for me.
Purkeynator
64-bit

Post by Purkeynator »

My DQVI arrived in the mail yesterday from amazon. My DQ collection that started way back in about 1991 or so is now complete! I also ordered the guide since I have the guides for every other game in the series (even the Tokuma Dragon Warrior 4 guide that was only available by mail!). I have actually moved recently but there used to be a Kmart near me that has about 4 brand new and sealed copies of Dragon Quest V for DS. They were still MSRP of $40 last time I saw them which was right around New Years. Thought about buying them but that's a lot of scratch.
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

toadhall wrote:If you want a DQV for cheap(er), try looking for the European versions, and not just the UK version either.

Look for either the French, German, Italian or the Spanish version and you'll find them for MUCH cheaper than the US version. The European version (doesn't matter which country) has the English text in it and as long as you have your DS language set to English, the game will load in English.

The caveat is that obviously the boxart and manual will be in a foreign language.

Still... I like my french copy of DQV very much and can't wait to get DQVI for myself when possible.

That's very good to know!! I'm still hoping Nintendo or Square will do another print run.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

Of course I did! Got it 2 days ago, starting it up now since I don't have school. :D