COMPLETE GB/GBP/GBC/GBA NTSC-U SYSTEMS LIST (12/2/10)

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Re: My goal to collect Gameboy variations (pretty complete list)

Post by coastercrazy10 »

Finally got some money coming in in the next few weeks. I'll be moving this to the B/S/T area soon, but in the meantime if anybody has a spare game boy of any generation they wouldn't mind parting with, send me a PM if you'd like.

To those who have already PM'd me: I will be contacting you in the next few days regarding the items you've offered.

-CC10
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Re: Collecting Gameboy and N64 variations (BIG UPDATE 11/17/10)

Post by coastercrazy10 »

BUMP

For those of you interested I've narrowed the list of Game Boy/Pocket/Color/Advance variations. My previous estimate of 50+ was waaaay high. I have confirmed the NTSC-U/C release of 36 Game Boy/Pocket/Color/Advance systems and I'm still trying to confirm the NTSC-U/C release for 4 additional systems. These 4 additional systems are as follows:

Emerald Green Imagineer Game Boy Pocket
Yellow Game Boy Advance
Transparent Orange/"Spice" Game Boy Advance
Transparent Red/Clear Red Game Boy Advance

I am leaning towards these being JP-ONLY as well. For starters, I haven't seen any of the listed Game Boys on eBay in the several months I've been looking. Additionally, most transparent variations are JP-ONLY and the two-non-transparent ones look very strange and typically Japan sees the release of the "strangely colored" systems, for lack of a better term. Check them out:

If I ever come across any of these variations on eBay I will be able to research them further but for the time being I don't have the ability to confirm or refute their North American releases. If anybody knows anything about these four Game Boys please let me know :)

-CC10
Last edited by coastercrazy10 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

for all it's worth, the only Spice GBA I've seen was Japanese.
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Post by coastercrazy10 »

That certainly does help. I'm very inclined to believe that it's JP-only, but I'd like to see one on eBay before I pass judgement.

Also worth noting that I forgot an elimination I made: I've updated the OP, my previous post, and my blog with all the information I've found over the past few months.

-CC10
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

Post by Pabstblueribbon »

i dont see you having White listed as a GBA color, I own one and it isnt JP only or anything like that.
BlackDS
Next-Gen

Post by BlackDS »

I'm pretty sure there was a toys-r-us edition of the GBA as well, blue in color
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Post by coastercrazy10 »

Pabstblueribbon wrote:i dont see you having White listed as a GBA color, I own one and it isnt JP only or anything like that.

Arctic = White.

^I know Toys R Us made a midnight blue one but I'm pretty sure it was only JP-ONLY. I will look into it though, thank you.

-CC10

EDIT: this is the midnight blue color I was talking about:

This is JP-ONLY. However I did find a standard indigo GBA with a Toys R Us logo on the front on the bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Game-Boy-A ... 4292wt_905

Apparently that's another one. Thank you.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah the Toys R Us one I know if is just an Indigo with SMW as a pack-in.
coastercrazy10
64-bit

Re: COMPLETE GB/GBP/GBC/GBA NTSC-U SYSTEMS LIST (12/2/10)

Post by coastercrazy10 »

BUMP

LIST IS DONE. FINALIZED. COMPLETE.

I'm very excited about this. There's a nice even 35 game boys that I am going to be collecting, and I currently have 20 (counting my black original GB with a missing screen surround). The full list is in the OP and has been cleaned up. Finally done with researching...this has taken like 3+ months to figure out. Thanks for everybody's help along the way!

-CC10