NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Jubal
64-bit

New Zelda playable with Revolution controller

Post by Jubal »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6146106.html

>According to UK magazine MCV, Nintendo of Europe said straight up, "We can
>confirm that Zelda: The Twilight Princess will indeed have added Revolution
>functionality whilst remaining a Nintendo GameCube title.

sounds good to me =)

-Jubal-
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Quoted from Shigeru Miyamoto: “...one of the most important features is that, because Revolution can run GameCube software, when you play Twilight Princess on Revolution you can take advantage of the Revolution controller.”

Another little tidbit that has yet to be confirmed but is being strongly hyped from inside sources is a launch of the Revolution for June. This would be brilliant for Nintendo and consumers. Having the revolution out for June will give Nintendo that all important headstart to the elusive 1m units sold target that will ensure Nintendo remain a strong contender against Sony's PS3.

Personally i think that Nintendo's latest business tactic is paying off. Especially looking at what happened to the DS in Japan. Outselling the PSP by 2-1 (possible even more due to the new DS Lite). Despite the DS being technically inferior to the psp on paper but highly innovative.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

and this is just the time in the gaming marketplace that this is needed.

For the most part, we are stuck with simple rehashes of the same games.
The DS has given us the choice to have a new type of gaming experience and I'm sure the Revolution will expand on that.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

racketboy wrote:and this is just the time in the gaming marketplace that this is needed.

For the most part, we are stuck with simple rehashes of the same games.
The DS has given us the choice to have a new type of gaming experience and I'm sure the Revolution will expand on that.

New gaming experience? What kind of blasphemy is that??? ;) Don't you have a famous blog about retrogaming or something?
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Lol, neohx_7

I think what Racketboy and I both feel is that current games are just rehashs of the games we've come to love in previous consoles. They've just slapped some nicer graphics on, and in many cases dumbed down the gameplay. I'm really looking forward to the Revolution, because I think that the controller will need to be used inventively and lead to, as Racketboy said, new gaming experiences.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

Yup! Then in 20 years, we can look back on the revolution and think, "man i wouldn't be playing tekken 27 on my Sony powerwandstation5 if it wasn't for that little piece of kit back in the noughties!"