Everything A Retro-Gamer Needs To Know About The Wii

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

Everything A Retro-Gamer Needs To Know About The Wii

Post by racketboy »

At least everything that has been shared so far....
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/11/ ... wards.html

Is anybody else a little disappointed?

(I still would take one over multiple PS3s)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Can anyone confirm 100% Gamecube compatibility? I downloaded the Wii promo dvd and it said something like "Wii is compatible with 300 Cube titles." It didn't say "all", and I think Cube had a bit more than 300.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

Not only does the virtual pause thing bother me because it only gives you one... but also because it deletes it as soon as you start up again. This I find to be a very bad thing... now if it overwrote the preexisting one the next time you pause is allright in a lackluster manner. But automatically deleting upon accessing it?

What would this cause?

Say your little brother ran in the room and kicked over your console unplugging it from the wall (I can't tell you how many times this happend to me as a kid!)
Say you mistakenly turned it off as you were laying down to bed with out any thought to the save point (unresponsible... but happens)
Say the power goes out or you have a surge (happens a lot here in good ol' Florida with our random thunder storms)

What then?

ALL your save data flushed down the toilet... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and worse yet... this saves onto memory card (note the 2000+ blocks), well you only have on card and you download 8 games and saved a few games of Wii or Gamecube.... the card is full. You want the new released NEC classic Y's and delete your finagled BS Sonic 3 you've played through a ton of times... but oh so treasure your hyper Sonic and Dooms Day save point. Alas you now delete the game, dl it in the future and you now can't got on a battle rampage against Eggman's flying ship coveting that Master Emerald you so dearly fight through asteroids for. I'd be a pissed off son of a bitch!

If you have downloadable material... please give us a freakin' hdd. PS3 did, XBOX did... you don't need much... just a couple gigs.

Then it does have an SD slot... hopefully those can be utilized for downloads and save points.

wait nevermind... I have my freakin' GP2X... virtual console on the freakin' go. Play it in the back of Calc3 class, or while waiting for that doctor appointment.... long trip on the subway... ahh the trusty ol' GP2X and it's AA battery usage. Thank you opensource Gods... THANK YOU!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

lordofduct wrote:and worse yet... this saves onto memory card (note the 2000+ blocks), well you only have on card and you download 8 games and saved a few games of Wii or Gamecube.... the card is full.
You do know that:
GCN saves are strictly on GCN memory cards.
Wii saves, downloads, etc. are all strictly on your internal 512MB or your SD card...
Least that's what it is last time I checked.