Highest-Capactiy GBA Flash Cart?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Highest-Capactiy GBA Flash Cart?

Post by lisalover1 »

I'm considering getting a flashcart for my GBA, but I want the highest-capacity one available. Does anybody have any recommendations? A SD Card-compatible flashcart also seems like a feasible option, if such a thing exists.
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Highest-Capactiy GBA Flash Cart?

Post by noiseredux »

such a thing does exist. And it's the best option. There's the Super Card SD and Mini-SD. I'm planning on one myself.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

noiseredux wrote:such a thing does exist. And it's the best option. There's the Super Card SD and Mini-SD. I'm planning on one myself.

Absolutely.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

If you can find one, I recommend the M3 Perfect which has Real Time Save, a must-have feature in my opinion.

The one issue with putting a bunch of games on is that scrolling through the menu can be a bit of a pain to pick one near the bottom of the list. It would be nice if it had a favorites feature.
BigTinz
128-bit

Post by BigTinz »

I certainly wouldn't say a supercard SD is the best option. I've used two different super cards and both suffered from minor lag on graphics intensive games.

I'd recommend an EZ Flash IV if you can find it or an Elink 1gb flash cart(this is what I use and I love it).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

so where do you guys suggest ordering these things from? I'm looking for something cheap that I can throw an SD (mini, micro, whatever) in and launch some homebrew. I don't give an F about about roms. Where's a legit place to order a card at a good price?
Bootay

Post by Bootay »

BigTinz wrote:I certainly wouldn't say a supercard SD is the best option. I've used two different super cards and both suffered from minor lag on graphics intensive games.

I'd recommend an EZ Flash IV if you can find it or an Elink 1gb flash cart(this is what I use and I love it).

I would agree. I use an EZ-Flash IV with an 8gig mini SD card. Fits every game made. The only problem I have with the EZ-Flash is it only supports FAT16 which is kind of an unstable file system (for sd cards anyway).

And the way that it requires you to save games is a little annoying but well worth it in the long run. In order to save a game you have to turn the GBA off and then back on, then wait for it to save which can take a couple of seconds. I guess it holds the save in the battery until you reset it, then it copies the save from the battery to the SD Card. Like I said, not that big of a deal but can be annoying sometimes.

I couldn't tell you where to order one. I got mine a few years ago and it was from Jandaman's. But they don't seem to carry them anymore.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I'm also having some trouble finding an EZ-Flash IV for sale. Does anybody have any idea where to find one?
PhilExile
32-bit

Post by PhilExile »

I have the EZ-Flash III and its also good. I can fit about 15 games on there, which is plenty. I just dump them as I finish them.
Saturn | Dreamcast | Jaguar | 3DO | PSX | PS2 | PS3 | NES | N64 | GameCube | Wii | PSP | GBA | DSi XL | 3DS XL
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Well then I'll try to stay away from the EZ-Flash III. I'm still interested in the EZ-Flash IV, though.