Guides to jumpstart your Retrogaming lifestyle
Opa Opa

Re: CRTGAMER Wii Thread

by Opa Opa Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:No More Heroes looks intriguing though the animation puts me off. Prefer FPS to have a more realistic look. Opa, you had me in a panic mode for a sec. I am always on the lookout for unique games. There is an import of that Flower, Sun and Rain game for the PS2, I was thinking it might have been a version of PS3 Flower.
I thought about importing it but I found out it had a DS English release. I picked it up a few years ago for like $15 new.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun May 29, 2011 6:26 pm

Wii Internet Browsing

I am enjoying the convenience of casual browsing while kicked back on the living room couch. The Wii remote is so easy to use as a wireless "Mouse" pointer. Unfortunate that I can't watch YouTube though. I have component cables and the text is very readable if zoomed a little. But then I get the Ping Pong affect scrolling side to side trying to read these forums. The forum text box is a little wider then the HD screen when zoomed slightly.

Options
Wii does have a single column mode. It does show the text in very large font but only a few words will be on the screen at once. I noticed Wikipedia senses my Wii and kicks on a beautiful screen designed for I think a mobile phone screen. Text is just the right size and no ping pong reading! A shame other sites do not auto detect the Wii Opera browser and display a "Mobile Phone" friendly screen size.

Couple Questions

1. I remember a while back, a mention of a Mobile Phone version of Racketboy. Anyone know the link?

2. Is there a way to load other sites in the "Mobile Phone" screen mode, say an address followed by a few characters?

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sun May 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Whatchu talkin' 'bout?!

I've watched Youtube on my Wii before...
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Opa Opa wrote:Whatchu talkin' 'bout?!

I've watched Youtube on my Wii before...
Blah Ha! It does Work!

First time I tried YouTube since updating Wii Opera. :mrgreen:

I also discovered adding a m. "Mobile Phone" to some sites cuts out some of the bloat.

Anyone know if Racketboy will be creating a Mobil Phone screen mode? :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Elebits
ImageImage

http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/elebits-used/64094

In my quest to find unusual Motion Control games for the Wii, I came across this Launch Title gem. Only five bucks at Gamestop. Two things caught my eye when I researched it. Put out by Konami and the game is reviewed as a cross between Pikimin and Katamari. Maybe because the creatures look similar and there is the "Collect Them All" objects, to be viewed later as in Katamari. The game is basically a hunt of all the Elebit creatures who run away when uncovered. Capture by "shooting" with either A or B button.

The real eye opener is innovative use of the motion controls of the Wii Remote. To open a closet door grab with either the A or B button and flip the door to the right or left with a flick of the wrist. Open drawers by pulling the remote towards you slightly, close by pushing away. Open door knobs and faucets by twisting the remote. Amazing how natural the functions are with a simple movement of the Remote.

Note this is all done with the regular Remote not the newer Motion Plus. :shock:

As you progress and collect the Elebits, your level up power increases. Pick up larger objects and turn on various electrical devices. Level 7 is a mad frenzy of collecting quick moving Elebits. You literally throw chairs, tables, vases and even a piano out of your way trying to catch the creatures. The best way to describe is think of a cop TV show or movie. The scene when a bunch of police detectives are tossing stuff looking for evidence, destroying an entire room. :lol:

There are also different power enhancements such as Cookie bait, Knockout ball and even a Homing laser to lock in multiple captures. If you have extra time on the countdown clock, there are hidden mini games to try. Find bread to put in the toaster, play a puzzle, load laundry in the washing machine or play basketball. The added hunts help in the Replay value.

There is also a create your own custom level. Not new rooms, but add objects and creatures in an empty room. This adds a new dimension to any level, throw in extra Cookie bait or make it harder with more furniture in the way.

An unusual different game for the Wii collection. 8)
Attachments
Elebits.jpg
Elebits.jpg (251.4 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue May 31, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 15 times in total.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Anyone know if Racketboy will be creating a Mobil Phone screen mode? :?

It is not in the cards right now. It is planned for future updates.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 31, 2011 2:03 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Anyone know if Racketboy will be creating a Mobil Phone screen mode? :?
It is not in the cards right now. It is planned for future updates.
Good to know THANKS! :mrgreen:

NeverGoBak
32-bit

by NeverGoBak Tue May 31, 2011 8:08 pm

I suddenly want that Elebits game, is it really fun?
Current Consoles: SNES, GBC, Game Cube, Nintendo DSL, Wii, N64, PS2
Past Consoles: PS1, X-BOX, GBA

FAV Franchises/Games: Sonic The Hedgehog, Lock's Quest, Legend of Zelda, Megaman Battle Network, Mysims, Plok(SNES), Kirby, Ristar, Sly Cooper, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Smash Bros, Okami, Tekken, Super Mario, Wario Land, Golden Sun, Streets of Rage and Elite Beat Agents.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue May 31, 2011 9:42 pm

NeverGoBak wrote:I suddenly want that Elebits game, is it really fun?
If you like the "Pokemon Collect Them All" then yes! I am loving the control aspect, opening doors with a twist of the wrist. Can't wait till I can start tossing cars and houses! :lol:

Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 pm

That was one of my first wii games. It's all right for one of the earliest titles on the system.
Return to Guides