NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: U Owners: How do you feel about all the Switch ports?

by Ziggy587 Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:57 am

Well, I did it. I bought New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for no real good reason. I just can't help myself.

Although, I'll admit is is nice to have both games together on a cart. I owned the physical versions of NSMB and New Super Luigi on the U, so you'd have to switch discs to switch between the two. With Deluxe, you can switch between them instantly on the file select screen. To be fair, you might have been able to do this on the U if you had the digital version of Super Luigi, but I had the physical version.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
laurenhiya21 wrote:Maybe it will still be awkward on the Switch, for me it will probably be at least somewhat better than on the WiiU.

Let me know what you think after trying it.

I beat Captain Toad a few days ago, and it was a lot better on the Switch! I had no troubles with those touch blocks and it was so much easier to aim and shoot in the mine cart levels. The only somewhat annoying thing is that with the wheel spinning bits, the wheel covers up a huge amount of the screen and I wish it was a bit smaller or more transparent or something. Although, thinking about it, it might be like that in the original as well but I don't quite remember. Either way, I wouldn't ever go back to motion controls for Captain Toad.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:The only somewhat annoying thing is that with the wheel spinning bits, the wheel covers up a huge amount of the screen and I wish it was a bit smaller or more transparent or something. Although, thinking about it, it might be like that in the original as well but I don't quite remember.

I know! This was a huge annoyance for me! I think it was like that in the original, but you had to look down at the Gamepad anyway so it didn't really matter. On the Switch though, it was a HUGE annoyance. It especially made a boss fight harder because I couldn't see oncoming projectiles.
Return to Nintendo