Sega Cartmodding help

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
hidden0
16-bit

Sega Cartmodding help

Post by hidden0 »

I have been trying to find out if i can use NFL Quarterback Club 32x Cart to make a Knuckles Chaotix 32x Cart.

Both of them uses the save features and are of 4MB as mentioned on Segaretro page . If i use m27c322/160 Do i need to Rewire stuff and if yes where i can find that info , I have been making Snes Repros since there are tons of info online but can't really find sega's info to complete my collection.

Any resource or help will be greatly appreciated .
Ziggy

Re: Sega Cartmodding help

Post by Ziggy »

I do not know the answer to your question. But, if you already have the NFL Quarterback Club cart and a 27C322 then why not try it out and see if it works? I know that Genesis / MegaDrive mask ROM use the same pinout as standard EPROMs, so no rewiring is needed. My guess is that 32X carts do as well. With Genesis carts, you have to byteswap the ROM before burning it, so I would also guess that you'd have to do that for 32X as well.
hidden0
16-bit

Re: Sega Cartmodding help

Post by hidden0 »

I do know they are both the same and yes i am aware of byteswapp to wasn’t just sure about the rewiring part but if it is not needed thats the best thing i will def give it a try and update here :)
Ziggy587 wrote:I do not know the answer to your question. But, if you already have the NFL Quarterback Club cart and a 27C322 then why not try it out and see if it works? I know that Genesis / MegaDrive mask ROM use the same pinout as standard EPROMs, so no rewiring is needed. My guess is that 32X carts do as well. With Genesis carts, you have to byteswap the ROM before burning it, so I would also guess that you'd have to do that for 32X as well.