Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Help setting DS4 on Windows

by Ziggy587 Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:12 pm

I never messed around with gamepads on DOSbox, so I'm not sure. I guess DOSbox doesn't have any "Joy2Key" feature built into it? If not, then yeah, you would need one.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:54 am

Ziggy587 wrote:I never messed around with gamepads on DOSbox, so I'm not sure. I guess DOSbox doesn't have any "Joy2Key" feature built into it? If not, then yeah, you would need one.

How do you play retro games on PC with a controller if you don't use DOSBox
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 am

If the game natively supports a gamepad, then you can just set that up in DOSBox without any additional software. It's only for games that do NOT support gamepads that you would need a "Joy2Key" solution for.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:15 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:If the game natively supports a gamepad, then you can just set that up in DOSBox without any additional software. It's only for games that do NOT support gamepads that you would need a "Joy2Key" solution for.

My apologies, I thought all modern controllers need a Joy2Key to work on games from the direct-input era. I tried Ikaruga on Steam and everything worked flawless plug-n-play out of the box, why can't all things work as seamless as this?

I have learned of a way to import games into Steam client and launch them from there and that will make the game compatible with the controller without extra software.
Return to Technical Help