Replacing polarizing film on Game Boy Color?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Damm64
Next-Gen

Replacing polarizing film on Game Boy Color?

Post by Damm64 »

A know of mine gave me a game boy color that had a burned screen on it. After some research online i found out you can replace the polarizing film on the gameboy instead of replacing the whole screen. All tutorials i found use a original gameboy or gameboy pocket so im not sure if the same polarizing film for the gameboy can be used on the game boy color. Any advice and or links to buy the film needed are apreciated.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Ziggy

Re: Replacing polarizing film on Game Boy Color?

Post by Ziggy »

This Does Not Compute channel on YouTube has several videos regarding screen mods for the Gameboy color, he might have the info you need in one of those videos. I know he's talked about the polarizing film several times before, but I can't remember if it was for the GBC or just the OG GB. I don't know how responsive he is, but you could always try messaging him. He would probably know of the top of his head.

https://www.youtube.com/user/cwwirth/se ... eboy+color

This above link searches "Gameboy Color" on his channel, so that should be all the relevant videos.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

Thanks! I did saw this when i was searching but i tough it was specific for the backlight mod. I will give this one a shot since is only a dollar.

Ziggy587 wrote:This Does Not Compute channel on YouTube has several videos regarding screen mods for the Gameboy color, he might have the info you need in one of those videos. I know he's talked about the polarizing film several times before, but I can't remember if it was for the GBC or just the OG GB. I don't know how responsive he is, but you could always try messaging him. He would probably know of the top of his head.

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/user/cwwirth/search?query=gameboy+color</span>

This above link searches "Gameboy Color" on his channel, so that should be all the relevant videos.

Yeah im subscribed to him and kind forgot he did some of these, he made a video on the exact same mod Nemoide linked and i think that polarizing film will work.

Thanks to both! I will order a few and follow up with the results.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

A bit OT, but I watched a video on BennVenn's new drop-in backlit GBC screen last night. It looks amazing and it's awesome that it's such an easy mod.
I'm going to buy another GBC for this since I still like the washed out, slightly low latency original screen for some games.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage