Suspected Game Gear might be faulty

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Siper Games

Suspected Game Gear might be faulty

Post by Siper Games »

Hey I was wondering if I could get some clarification on my Game Gear, I am aware that they are prone to failure but I am curious as to what is wrong with my Game Gear as I cannot seem to find this problem online elsewhere.
Basically my Game Gear will boot a game if I haven't used it in a while and the power light will be red as it should be, but then it fades after a short while and then the game usually screws up despite having a successful initial boot. Then when I try to boot a game again it simply will not work until I come back a few hours later and the same thing as I just described happens.
Any ideas on what is wrong? I'm assuming it has something to do with the power light. If needed I can try and record a video of what is happening.
marurun

Re: Suspected Game Gear might be faulty

Post by marurun »

That could be a capacitor issue. Has the unit had all the capacitors replaced?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Suspected Game Gear might be faulty

Post by Anapan »

Sounds like a cap problem to me as well. Mine was doing something like that before it died. I installed the cap kit from Mortoff Games and it works perfectly again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage