Page 6 of 9

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:09 pm
by Hobie-wan
My 113 is 2A. I'm seeing stuff that says 3A, but I can't find an actual picture of one.

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:16 pm
by CRTGAMER
jinn wrote:I know it looks the same and it's
7.5v DC, but the #A is different not sure if it's 4A or 5A
neg --( o-- pos

The PSone Power Adapter model # is SCPH-113
The PSone LCD Screen Power Adapter model # is SCPH-121
Get the higher Amp model, since it will be powering both the LCD and PSOne. More Amps won't hurt, but not enough amperage usually results in a overheated power brick.

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:36 pm
by Rurouni_Fencer
Getting kind of tripped up and lost through some conflicting posts and what not, so I apologize ahead of time if I'm inviting somebody to repeat a previous post..

I've got my new Atari Jaguar hooked up and I was wondering if I could simply swap out the Jaguar console for my NES and use the same hookups, (DC 9V, and RF switch.)

Edit:
Jag Adapter specs are the same as Genesis specs, apparently:
9v DC, 1.2A
pos --( o-- neg

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 8:32 pm
by Hobie-wan
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:I've got my new Atari Jaguar hooked up and I was wondering if I could simply swap out the Jaguar console for my NES and use the same hookups, (DC 9V, and RF switch.)


You can use a GEN 1 adapter as they are even the same molded adapter but do not use the NES adapter for anything but the NES or you will blow that device up.

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:07 am
by Rurouni_Fencer
Hobie-wan wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:I've got my new Atari Jaguar hooked up and I was wondering if I could simply swap out the Jaguar console for my NES and use the same hookups, (DC 9V, and RF switch.)


You can use a GEN 1 adapter as they are even the same molded adapter but do not use the NES adapter for anything but the NES or you will blow that device up.


OK! So, just to clarify -
Jaguar 9v DC, 1.2A adapter on NES is OK.
NES 9v AC, 1.3A adapter on Jaguar is NOT OK.

Thanks, Hobie!

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:09 am
by Hobie-wan
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:OK! So, just to clarify -
Jaguar 9v DC, 1.2A adapter on NES is OK.
NES 9v AC, 1.3A adapter on Jaguar is NOT OK.


Well maybe it's ok if you're some jerkass store manager named Bob and no rare games or consoles are involved. :wink:

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:38 am
by Rurouni_Fencer
Hobie-wan wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:OK! So, just to clarify -
Jaguar 9v DC, 1.2A adapter on NES is OK.
NES 9v AC, 1.3A adapter on Jaguar is NOT OK.


Well maybe it's ok if you're some jerkass store manager named Bob and no rare games or consoles are involved. :wink:


Ha - indeed! This scenario just might come to fruition... :lol: :twisted:

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:44 pm
by alienjesus
I was thinking that it would be good if we could gather all this into one post and sticky it somewhere now, it's very helpful, but annoying to filter through.

We should add battery types too, so people can see which types of battery are needed for different game systems and cartridges.

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:15 pm
by Ziggy587
^ I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking some one should take all the info and post it in the guides forum. All the info in the first posts, then additional info can be edited into the first post as it comes up. I'll do it myself, the next time I get the chance, if know one minds. Unless some one beats me to it. :D

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm
by vlame
SFC Model 1
AC 100V 50/60HZ
18VA
DC 10V 850mA
pos --( o-- neg

i didn't think it was the same as snes, but i guess it is. can anyone confirm?