Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Hobie-wan

Re: AC Adapter Compilation

by Hobie-wan Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 am

AARST wrote:The ones I posted are all for PAL European mainland, I had it in there at first, but modified the first sentence before posting, sorry.

No biggie. I just thought it was interesting that your SNES had a normal plug instead of the funky one we do. Not having seen a SFami in person, I don't know which it has either. If we're going to make a list, just want to be sure its correct. :)

Our SNES adapter is identical to the NES and reads "FOR USE WITH (SUPER) NINTENDO ONLY" and does work for NES. I always fear breaking things by accident, so haven't tried the adapters on MegaDrive and the other way around.

Well, having this list will help figure that out if needed. Polarity and voltage need to be the same (though sometimes slightly lower volts is ok) and amperage should generally be the same or higher on the power brick. The only odd one one out I know of here in the US is the NES with its odd AC out and further conversion inside the console.
ClaymoreClay
8-bit

by ClaymoreClay Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks everyone for the information. I am going to use the site executioner gave me (http://web.archive.org/web/200802091746 ... dgame.net/) to get the rest. If there is something I can't find I will ask. Once I have all the specs I will post it in the form of a pdf. By the way should I post the pdf in this thread or in the download section.
Hobie-wan

by Hobie-wan Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:44 pm

ClaymoreClay wrote:Thanks everyone for the information. I am going to use the site executioner gave me (http://web.archive.org/web/200802091746 ... dgame.net/) to get the rest. If there is something I can't find I will ask. Once I have all the specs I will post it in the form of a pdf. By the way should I post the pdf in this thread or in the download section.

I'd say here myself.
AARST
24-bit

by AARST Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Alright, so I tested some things and modified my post. The NES and SNES use alternating current and adapters should never be interchanged with the MegaDrive.
I'm not sure how to note down the negative and positive parts of the Atari's power jack. The tip is positive and the neck is negative.
Hobie-wan

by Hobie-wan Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

AARST wrote:Alright, so I tested some things and modified my post. The NES and SNES use alternating current and adapters should never be interchanged with the MegaDrive.
I'm not sure how to note down the negative and positive parts of the Atari's power jack. The tip is positive and the neck is negative.

I suppose either use the same format as the others, or since its a barrel or maybe this would work.

neg ===- pos
Hobie-wan

by Hobie-wan Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 am

Since I just pulled it out to play a little UFO:

Odyssey² US - plug pack for Odyssey and Voice together
12v AC, 830 mA
There are 2 different plugs depending on model. There is a barrel and 1/8 inch style.

*edit

Just remembered that the dual pronged plug pack was a replacement that had higher amperage for the voice module to be used with the main unit.
Last edited by Hobie-wan on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ClaymoreClay
8-bit

by ClaymoreClay Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:31 pm

Sorry I have been taking so long to finish this project. The site that was posted earlier that had the specs and pics of the AC adapters does not seem to be working. I have also been kind of busy with my spring semester of college. I will try to find another source for the information. Just don't think I gave up on this that all. Hopefully I will be able to finish soon.
executioner
Next-Gen

by executioner Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 pm

ClaymoreClay wrote:The site that was posted earlier that had the specs and pics of the AC adapters does not seem to be working. I

It does that from time to time just try it several times or try another day.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:58 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:Since I just pulled it out to play a little UFO:

Odyssey² US - plug pack for Odyssey and Voice together
12v AC, 830 mA
There are 2 different plugs depending on model. There is a barrel and 1/8 inch style.

*edit

Just remembered that the dual pronged plug pack was a replacement that had higher amperage for the voice module to be used with the main unit.

Ok, I am here to ask for help and plead ignorance about AC Adapters.

I just picked up an Odyssey 2 without an AC adapter from a member on the forum. They were using an SMS AC adapter to make it work, but I don't have an SMS. Can I use a Model 1 Genesis plug? Is there something else that might work?
Hobie-wan

by Hobie-wan Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:25 pm

dsheinem wrote:Ok, I am here to ask for help and plead ignorance about AC Adapters.

I just picked up an Odyssey 2 without an AC adapter from a member on the forum. They were using an SMS AC adapter to make it work, but I don't have an SMS. Can I use a Model 1 Genesis plug? Is there something else that might work?

If it was running fine with the 9 volt DC SMS adapter, then yes, it should work with a model 1 Gen pack too. I suppose the console is on with a DC input for the same reason the NES will work with a wide range of DC plugs. I'd check if the plugpack or the system gets extremely warm after a few minutes of use, but if not it will *probably be fine.

*edit*

Here's a brick and some games. Looks like the manuals are toast, but it looks like the official replacement plug for the Odyssey that came with the voice module. You get both KC games, Pick Axe Pete, and Attack of the Timelord which are good system games. The presence of KC's Cray Chase and Timelord further reinforce it being the later voice plugpack which is good and fine for the system alone. Though the carts are probably going to need TLC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-12-MAGNAVOX- ... 51912e8c06
Return to Technical Help