Sega CD burning/audio trouble

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
chriswy27
8-bit

Sega CD burning/audio trouble

Post by chriswy27 »

Alright,
So I have Saturn cue maker and first converted all my mp3's to wav's. I make the cue and all goes well. I then try to burn it in Nero 6 and get an error saying "there was an error loading the cue sheet file" So I was like alright I'll try Alcohol 120%. Alcohol burned it and the game booted up everything running great until I heard the sound. The audio tracks were all messed up. I then checked my converted wav files to see if they were corrupt but no they played perfectly fine. I then took the cd I had just made and played it in a cd player to see if all or jsut some of the files were corrupt. The only track that was fine was the first track. Every track after played but was nothing more than a static and screaching mess. Any suggestions? I have tried re-installing the cue maker using installers from 2 different sites, burning in Alcohol various ways such as track-at-once and disk-at-once. And have tried using 2 different programs to make the wav files just to see if it would make a difference but no luck. Please help me, thank you in advance.
~Christopher
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I don't like Alcohol 120%. Seems like I've never had anything but problems with it.
You don't need to convert the MP3s to WAVs if you use Nero. Just make sure the CUE sheet points to the MP3 files.
Try that with Nero and see if that helps.
chriswy27
8-bit

Post by chriswy27 »

I have tried using mp3's and buring the cue in nero but get the same error. What version of nero do you use?
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

In alcohol 120%, you just need to use a working iso.
Open the CUE in Alcohol 120%, and for burn settings, raw dao. Make sure you burn as low a speed as you can.
chriswy27
8-bit

Post by chriswy27 »

i have tried "raw dao" but the tracks are in mp3's so i need to use saturn cue maker to fuse them to the iso. No one else has had this problem? And what version of Nero are people using?
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

Once you use scm, there should be no problem burning the cue, whether it's mp3 or wav.
chriswy27
8-bit

Post by chriswy27 »

burning the cue is not my problem with alcohol 120. Though nero refuses to burn it alcohol will however my audio tracks are nothing but screaches with the exception of track 1. The game runs but the audio is messed up yet my converted wav files are perfectly fine.
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

Well, at this point, I would look for a better iso. Seems to me you got a somewhat faulty rip. If you are burning things correctly, and the iso is prepared fine, than everything should work fine.

Also, a side note,

With Saturn Cue Maker, mp3 does NOT need to be converted. So do NOT convert your wavs.

btw, I faithfully use Alcohol 120%
In my experiences, it works the best for me.
chriswy27
8-bit

Post by chriswy27 »

any idea where I can find a good sonic cd iso? Preferably one thats iso/mp3 just so i can learn how to do this and do it right?
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

I have sonic CD Iso/mp3, if the downloads section doesn't have it, I'll upload it for the community.

EDIT:
I don't see it there, so I'll upload it. please allow time for upload
Last edited by Zalphier on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.