PS2 Problem: WinHiip not Recognizing HDD

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 Problem: WinHiip not Recognizing HDD

Post by lisalover1 »

Well, I finally found a solution. It's a combination of using Swapmagic and HDAdvance. First, I burn a game to a CD/DVD. Second, I use Swapmagic to load HDAdvance. Third, I select the "Convert" menu option, and when the screen says "Insert PS2 Disk", I use the slide tool to open the drive, insert my backup, and then close it again. Essentially, I cheated the cheater by making it think it was a legitimate PS2 disk. :D It works great, and now I can play my burned games on my PS2 hard drive!
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

lisalover1 wrote:Well, I finally found a solution. It's a combination of using Swapmagic and HDAdvance. First, I burn a game to a CD/DVD. Second, I use Swapmagic to load HDAdvance. Third, I select the "Convert" menu option, and when the screen says "Insert PS2 Disk", I use the slide tool to open the drive, insert my backup, and then close it again. Essentially, I cheated the cheater by making it think it was a legitimate PS2 disk. :D It works great, and now I can play my burned games on my PS2 hard drive!

oh, man you were trying to copy a burned game to the hdd the whole time? yea that got me too. didn't hdloader tell you it wasnt a valid ps2 disc?

you prolly just need to hook up an old ass pc to do this. technology has moved so fast in the last couple years, since the ps2 came out.

you're upgrading your pc rig faster than your home consoles, know what i mean?
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

Actually, I used HDAdvance, not HDloader. If you try to do this with HDloader, it does give you an invalid disk error.

Yeah, technology becomes obsolete so quickly, when you do something like this, it's hard to pinpoint the exact point in the technology timeline, and find a compatible system. :P
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

lisalover1 wrote:Well, I finally found a solution. It's a combination of using Swapmagic and HDAdvance. First, I burn a game to a CD/DVD. Second, I use Swapmagic to load HDAdvance. Third, I select the "Convert" menu option, and when the screen says "Insert PS2 Disk", I use the slide tool to open the drive, insert my backup, and then close it again. Essentially, I cheated the cheater by making it think it was a legitimate PS2 disk. :D It works great, and now I can play my burned games on my PS2 hard drive!

This thread was a bit entertaining, but the advice was spot on, as sites like psx-scene or sksapps filled with ps2 experts and tutorials and info is just a google away.

Too bad you could not get your IDE-usb cable to work, mine is a bit buggy and on some PCs it doesn't show the hard drives so I don't trust them. The ftp on ps2 is highly recommended since you don't have to take out your hd from your console or wear out your lens and besides it takes forever, but if it works for you then we very happy for ya.
Consoles: NES, Famicom, SNES, GC, GB DMG, GB Pocket, GBC, GBA, DSI XL, N64, VBoy, NDS, 3DSXL, Wii, SMS, GEN+CD+32X, GG, SAT, DC, WS, WS Color, NGPC, XBOX, 360, PS1, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3, 3DO, CD-I, NGCD, Actionmax, TG16+CD, TE, PCE-DUO, Odyssey2, Playdia, 2600, Lynx & JAG.