Help needed getting a PC engine working outside of Japan.

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: Help needed getting a PC engine working outside of Japan

Post by Thierry Henry »

Betagam7 wrote: I've been trying to find something close to yours and found this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9V-Negative-P ... xylpNTTmSg

Do you think that would do the job?

That looks spot on. Image
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Thierry Henry wrote:
Betagam7 wrote: I've been trying to find something close to yours and found this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/9V-Negative-P ... xylpNTTmSg

Do you think that would do the job?

That looks spot on. Image

Thanks again for the advice. I've ordered it and will update the thread with the results.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Some good news. :D :D :D

I got the AC adaptor recommended by Thierry Henry and it works great. Unit is now displaying all games crisp and clean on my HD TV.

I recommend anyone needing to get a PC Engine to invest in this type of AC adaptor to moderate the voltage.

Mine came with a UK three pin plug but a simple travel adaptor got it running here in Asia.

Now the next question. The picture is lovely but how can I get my system running with stereo sound as the cable that came with it only has a basic two lead AV output and I can hear that the sounds aren't perfect on Dragon Spirit in comparison to the VC version I was used to.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Recently moved back to Europe. unfortunately forgot to bring the AC adaptor I had previously acquired in this thread.

I bought a new one, similar to the last, the only difference being that it had those 2 pin stick on connectors for different sizes of connector. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to do anything when I run it through the PC Engine. Was the system very particular about the jack used to connect it?

I've ordered another one from England but frustrating trying to get this thing running.