Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
The Apprentice
128-bit

Criticizing Insomnia.ac the Correct Way

by The Apprentice Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm sure many of you saw my recently deleted post "Who are you?" and how I really just dumped a pointless thread on the internet. Part of it was dedicated to the criticism of Icycalm and his website. I think I just took him by surprise.

Shortly after posting my hate thread my words were e-mailed to him so he could make fun of me from the safety of his own website. (I'm going to assume it was Doctor Fugue.) I immediately registered. Unlike almost any other so-called "idiot" on his site, I apollogized to him, on his site, and had a moderator remove the topic here to officially retract my words.

He does not reply. Usually he dishes out "justice" before banning the poster, so he could continue to hide in the safety of his domain without any challenges, but I did the exact opposite from anything he's really seen before.

But don't think that my appology changed anything. My angry words ended up causing one his members to jump ship on the site, and it was hilarious that Icycalm actually banned him after he was gone. He also did the same to my account, even though I think it was pretty obvious I would never post there again.

Yeah Icycalm, you brilliant child. I am very much hurting on the inside that you banned me from your ghost ship website. Nothing left but creeking boards, rust, and years worth of cobwebs and silt. I am so hurt that I can't add to your three post a day excuse for a forum.

Lets take a look at the numbers. There are 300 members registered on his site. Out of that, 213 have actually posted. Of that, 43 are banned. So there are about 170 members on his site who are active members. Whoopty freakin' doo. The website is pathetic.

And now, we laugh.

A movie as the end product consists of a series of pre-rendered images whereas a video game must render its image output on the fly. Furthermore movies are essentially 2D in that the only concern graphically is the predetermined camera angle while in a video game it must (typically) consider multiple angles to render.

As such, in the graphics department a video game requires far more resources than a movie to output the same graphical quality simply because it has to consider a helluva lot more. -Anid Maro

Icycalm's reply?

Translation: "blah blah blah I am an ill-informed fuckwit" -Icycalm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hatta wrote:Die Hard Arcade has Deep Scan in it. That's like retro inside retro. They must have heard we liked retro (dawg).
Jrecee wrote:What I like to do is knit little sweaters to put on the games.
Ack

Re: Criticizing Insomnia.ac the Correct Way

by Ack Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:42 pm

...ok?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Kevman
128-bit

by Kevman Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Sounds like the perfect example of an "elitest". IMO they are the scum of the internet.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:28 pm

Kevman wrote:Sounds like the perfect example of an "elitest". IMO they are the scum of the internet.

I thought they were number two behind pedophiles.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:54 pm

::scratches head::

I've heard of forum bound flaming, but cross forum flaming!? That's a new one for me! It appears it hasn't bothered Ack or Racket yet, so I'll let this one sit for now. And because Apprentice is a very active and fair poster here on the forums. But Apprentice, let's try to keep this down to a minimum please... for me? ::sucker face::
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Unlike Icycalm, I don't like to promote negativity in my forum.
While I can appreciate The Apprentice's venting, I don't think further conversation on the topic would be productive.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever