* 1 Boboli crust
* Pizza sauce
* Mozzarella cheese
* Cheez Whiz (optional)
* 4-4.5 ounces peppered Beef Jerky, chopped
* 15-20 slices turkey pepperoni
* some bacon bits
Process
1) Combine jerky, pepperoni, and bacon bits in food processor. I always make a whole lot of this "meat mix", which is also good with eggs, potatoes, rice, and anything that calls for bacon bits
2) Add melted spoonful of Cheez Whiz to pizza sauce, stirring well (this step is optional)
3) Add sauce, cheese, and meat mix from Step 1
4) Follow cooking instructions
5) Cover leftovers and put in refrigerator
6) To reheat leftovers, cook at 350 for 10 minutes.

More to come.

In the meantime, share yours.
Bootaaay
128-bit

by Bootaaay Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:15 am

That sounds like a great pizza, definetly going to have to give a try one day (although i'm not sure how readily availabe jerky is in the UK, perhaps pork scratchings would be an acceptabe substitute :lol:). Anyways, here's a quick recipe I use quite often;

Caramalized Southern Comfort popcorn;

1. Heat up a tbl spoon of olive oil in a deep pot, add in a large chunk of butter, a liberal helping of sugar and a few shots of Southern Comfort - melt until it forms a thick caramalised goo about half an inch deep.
2. Pour some of the caramalized goo into a seperate pot, add some more Southern Comfort and keep it heated
3. Add in enough maize to the original pot so that it covers the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle the maize with more sugar
4. Apply lid and wait for the maize to pop
5. Once all the maize is popped, dispense into a large bowl and drizzle with the caramalized goo you set aside earier - leave it for a minute or two, and then it should be ready to serve.
Ack

by Ack Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:06 am

Wow. I don't think I've ever even thought of jerky on pizza before. And I haven't seen anyone call it maize in a while.

[size=18]Meat Pocket Sandwiches[/size

Requires two slices of bread, two pieces of cheese(your choice, though I prefer provolone or pepper jack), and your choice of meats and hot sauce.

1. Lay down two pieces of bread onto plate. Place cheese on tops of both slices. Put meat and hot sauce on one slice, then combine to make a sandwich. Make sure the cheese is both on top and bottom of the meat.

2. Stick in microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute*. Make sure the pieces of cheese melt together.

3. Let cool for 3 minutes, so the cheese can solidify again. You may need to use a knife if excess cheese runs off and sticks to the plate.

4. Once the sandwich isn't too hot, enjoy!

*cooking times may vary depending on microwave

Yeah, simple, I know. Also makes a pretty good sandwich.
Scooter
Next-Gen

by Scooter Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:32 am

Find a woman who is a really great cook and who really likes to cook, then marry her.

Seriously consider always doing the dishes so she won't begin to resent the fact that you are entirely inept in the kitchen.
ott0bot
Next-Gen

by ott0bot Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:34 am

Scooter wrote:Find a woman who is a really great cook and who really likes to cook, then marry her.

Seriously consider always doing the dishes so she won't begin to resent the fact that you are entirely inept in the kitchen.

:lol:
Hatta
Next-Gen

by Hatta Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:47 am

Except that cooking is a whole lot more fun than doing the dishes. Seriously. Plus, chicks love a guy who can cook.

I'm at work right now, but maybe later I'll give you a recipe for green salsa chicken enchiladas that will knock the pants off of any girl you feed it to. It's pretty easy too.

Also, get yourself a slow cooker. There's almost no work involved, and you can make up large batches of food and freeze it for later.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 am

I hate boxed pancakes and waffles, so here is a recipe for homemade chocolate chip banana waffles:

1 3/4 c. sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
3 eggs, separated
2 - 4 tbsp. oil
1 1/2 c. milk
2 med. bananas, mashed
3/4 c. chocolate chips

Sift first 4 ingredients into bowl. Push mix to sides with a whole in the center. Combine egg yolks, oil, milk and bananas in bowl; beat well. Pour banana mixture into dry ingredients; stir until just mixed. Add beaten egg whites. Bake in waffle iron.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:03 pm

Scooter wrote:Find a woman who is a really great cook and who really likes to cook, then marry her.

And/or get one of these! They are the best breakfast invention ever!

Egg-and-Muffin 2-Slice Toaster and Egg Poacher
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
Scooter
Next-Gen

by Scooter Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Hatta wrote:Except that cooking is a whole lot more fun than doing the dishes. Seriously. Plus, chicks love a guy who can cook.

I'm at work right now, but maybe later I'll give you a recipe for green salsa chicken enchiladas that will knock the pants off of any girl you feed it to. It's pretty easy too.

Also, get yourself a slow cooker. There's almost no work involved, and you can make up large batches of food and freeze it for later.

Actually, both cooking and doing dishes pretty much sucks in my opinion. I DO like to eat though, thus, given my proclivity for hating the kitchen in general dictated finding a woman who is a good cook and who likes to cook was imperative to my very survival. I got real lucky, she's pretty cute too!
Last edited by Scooter on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gennss
128-bit

by gennss Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Fancier than it really is tomato sauce:

1 Bottle of Ragu tomato sauce (per your tastes, i choose meat flavored)
3 cherry tomatoes diced
a dash of itallian seasoning (where they sell bottled oregano)

use it to impress chicks. ... gotten kudos from more than one ex-gf. :twisted:
--
Gennss
--
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever