What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Currently watching "This Film is Not Yet Rated". I missed the first 30-45 minutes, though.

I'm then gonna watch "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer" and then "The Honeymoon Killers".

God bless IFC.
Pingfa
64-bit

Post by Pingfa »

Just watched Goyokin by Hideo Gosha and starring the awesome Tatsuya Nakadai

Possibly my favourite Gosha film yet. Before that I watched his own Hunter In The Dark, which I wouldn't say is quite up to par.
Before that, Pursuit of Happyness (no spelling mistake) starring Will Smith

Probably my favourite movie based on a true story - which doesn't say much as it is, because most retellings of real life events are poorly executed. Not the case here.
UBERTRON777
32-bit

Post by UBERTRON777 »

I saw American Beauty this morning and I saw Donnie Darko yesterday. Both were great films and I feel like I've grown by watching them.
raztat
128-bit

Post by raztat »

Just got done watching Otis, It was pretty good and funny. I loved the ending but most people hated it. 7/10
Ack

Post by Ack »

Watched Tropic Thunder last night. It was hilarious! Tom Cruise's best performance since...well, anything. If you want to see a great comedy and you don't mind the R rating(mainly for language, though there is some blood and gore), I say go see it.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Star Wars Clone Wars, Prom Night remake (Unrated), Pulp Fiction (the video store FINALLY got it, and it's the 2-disc version)

Also, to anyone out there, you gotta see this movie called "Phantom of the Paradise". It's De Palma's '74 rock musical based on Phantom of the Opera (the word "Paradise" refers to a "rock palace), but also has elements of Faust. But I've heard that the French DVD release is much better than the American version.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I watched Angel Heart yesterday. There were parts of it I liked, had some great camera shots and at times I enjoyed the dialogue immensely. But the ending felt extremely rushed and some of the visual effects fell through. Eh, it was an interesting film, so I'd say I liked it.
gennss
128-bit

Post by gennss »

I just saw both grindhouse movies and Blue velvet this weekend.

It was a weird weekend.
--
Gennss
--
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

gennss wrote:I just saw both grindhouse movies and Blue velvet this weekend.

It was a weird weekend.

How didja see the Grindhouse movies? I ask cuz sometimes on Starz, they play it as it played in theatres, fake trailers included. I think I once went without sleep one night JUST to see it this way.

And before that, I've seen them separately, then saw the fake trailers separately.
executioner
Next-Gen

Post by executioner »

REPO Man wrote:
gennss wrote:I just saw both grindhouse movies and Blue velvet this weekend.

It was a weird weekend.

How didja see the Grindhouse movies? I ask cuz sometimes on Starz, they play it as it played in theatres, fake trailers included. I think I once went without sleep one night JUST to see it this way.

And before that, I've seen them separately, then saw the fake trailers separately.

I have seen only one of the movies, Planet Terror, and it was the most fun I had in months watching a movie, it was so bad and gory and crazy it was hilarious.