All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16072 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699 ... 1608  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the last movie you've seen?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:10 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

sabrage wrote:
Stark wrote:
Hey, it's a tough call. I agree with sabrage's (implied) comment that Ridley Scott is a far superior director to James Cameron.

I feel like Scott's films have aged much better than Cameron's. I'm more familiar with the latter's body of work, though.

As good as the Terminator movies are, I have to go with Scott being the better director as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:35 pm 
Next-Gen

sabrage wrote:
Stark wrote:
Hey, it's a tough call. I agree with sabrage's (implied) comment that Ridley Scott is a far superior director to James Cameron.

I feel like Scott's films have aged much better than Cameron's. I'm more familiar with the latter's body of work, though.

IMO, Terminator 2: Judgment Day is the finest action film to ever grace a screen. So I'm obviously in disagreement with this assessment. And the original Terminator isn't too shabby either.

But Aliens is pretty freaking sweet, too. Just not quite as good as T2, in my book.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:56 pm 
Next-Gen

I finally watched Scott Pilgrim last night. Fuck, I love that movie. I watched it again today. Now I finally understand what's going on in the game.

BurningDoom wrote:
IMO, Terminator 2: Judgment Day is the finest action film to ever grace a screen.

That's not your own opinion, buddy. That's fact. Make damn sure of it! :D

I only own two Blu Ray movies, and they're both Terminator 2.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 pm 
Next-Gen

BurningDoom wrote:
IMO, Terminator 2: Judgment Day is the finest action film to ever grace a screen. So I'm obviously in disagreement with this assessment. And the original Terminator isn't too shabby either.

Ugh. I'm glad Edward Furlong took an acting class or three before doing American History X. I want someone to "Garfield Without Garfield" John Connor out of that whole movie.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 am 
Next-Gen

Ziggy587 wrote:
I finally watched Scott Pilgrim last night. Fuck, I love that movie. I watched it again today. Now I finally understand what's going on in the game.

The movie is like ten times better than the game though. I've been re-watching Scott Pilgrim again recently and it's still just as much fun as the first time I saw it. The existence of that movie makes this world a better place.

Anyway, I just recently watched Super 8. Good movie, though the ending somehow felt unsatisfying to me. I guess I expected something more or just something different. It's not the best movie I've seen from J. J. Abrams, but I liked it. I can't help but compare it to Attack the Block though. Both movies with a bunch of kids dealing with an alien encounter, Attack the Block is like ten times better though and probably wasn't nearly as successful. I'd recommend both movies though when all is said and done

Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:03 am 
Next-Gen

CHIMPANZEE

It was cute. Some beautiful shots of the rainforest, and the apes are adorable. Unfortunately, not much to learn from this film (besides from the ending credits) as it's not an educational film, but a story about one of apes.

CHIMP is narrated by Tim Allen, who does an okay job, but sounds as if he's reading on a second grade level. He only makes one Home Improvement reference, and grunts only twice.

But I love apes, so I enjoyed the movie. I even brought banana chips into the theater so I could fit in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

The Departed
A good movie.
Certainly didn't expect all the main characters save one to die in the last half-hour.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:07 pm 
Next-Gen

BoringSupreez wrote:
The Departed
A good movie.
Certainly didn't expect all the main characters save one to die in the last half-hour.

Have you seen TAKEN?

If so, which one did you prefer?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 pm 
Next-Gen

Luke wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:
The Departed
A good movie.

Have you seen TAKEN?

If so, which one did you prefer?

Wha? Am I crazy? Those don't seem to have a correlation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  ICQ  YIM  Profile

Ziggy587 wrote:

BurningDoom wrote:
IMO, Terminator 2: Judgment Day is the finest action film to ever grace a screen.

That's not your own opinion, buddy. That's fact. Make damn sure of it! :D

I only own two Blu Ray movies, and they're both Terminator 2.

Took ya long enough, bud! :P It really is a spectacular film; I saw it three times in the theater and about the Blu-ray on release day!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16072 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698, 699 ... 1608  Next