Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by Snickerd00dle Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Head- the Monkees movie that came out after their show was canceled- the most psychedelic movie I have ever seen, awesome soundtrack and visuals, an amazing film that you need to see

Easy Rider- great movie :) so much to say about this movie, but I don't have the time right now, but a great American film that you must see
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Watched Salt finally, the theatrical version. There's three different ones on the blueray. One is a director's cut and the other is an extended version, two things that I once thought meant the same thing. Shows what I know :lol:

Good movie, great action and a story that keeps you guessing. I've become a real sucker for good spy-based stuff lately with Burn Notice, La Femme Nikita and Chuck being a regular part of my tv viewing. I really love the soundtrack for this movie, really adrenaline pumping stuff. A solid movie

I know some people hate her, but Angelina Jolie is really great in these types of movies. There are few women I like better in action roles
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

by Pulsar_t Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:03 pm

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... 19994/1001

I'm going to take Ebert's word on The Illusionist. Worth owning on disc from the looks of it.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Limewater
Next-Gen

by Limewater Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

JCVD: A little slow at times, and a little self-indulgent, but it's kind of neat to see Jean-Claude Van Damme be forced to actually act in a movie. It also includes the awesome line, "Jean-Claude Van Damme is robbing the post office!"

Cop Out: This movie got way too much hate. It wasn't brilliant, and it's a little long for a comedy, in my opinion, but it was consistently funny. Overall, I enjoyed it substantially more than The Other Guys. Despite what you expect, it's not just Bruce Willis playing straight-man and Tracy Jordan being incompetent.

The Green Hornet: I rarely agree with Roger Ebert, and this case was no exception. This was the first film I ever saw in 3-D, but I think I would have preferred it in 2D. Regardless, this movie was a lot of fun to watch. As expected, it's more of a comedy than an action film, but I'd say it is easily the most charming big-budget superhero film since the first Iron Man. It had a few problems, but I was still laughing about bits of the film two days later. I strongly recommend it.

The Lost Boys: I never saw this film in my youth. It's rather dated, and Alex Winter has the most incredible mullet I've ever seen, but this was still a very fun and watchable horror comedy. I can understand why this is considered to be a cult classic.
Systems: TI-99/4a, NES, SMS, GB, SNES, 3DO, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

by OldSchool_Boy Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Versus

Greatest Movie with Zombies
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
vash23n
Next-Gen

by vash23n Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:26 am

Gamer: Excited to see this because of the idea of a real life first person shooter. It was okay, but I was expecting more character development. The cast was all good at their parts, just a script that needed some work. Plus the ending was just disappointing.

SPOILERS!!!

Maybe the little girl was a crew member's kid or something, but she says her one line at the end leaving you thinking "ooohhh there is something about to go down here... okay maybe here... oh right before they go in that tunnel... okay they go into the tunnel and when they come out...." CREDITS!
Reverend
Next-Gen

by Reverend Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Hot Fuzz: Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost did it again. I loved Shaun of the Dead's attitude as a zombie movie and the same can be said for Hot Fuzz's attitude towards action and thriller movies. I found myself engaged and laughing throughout the entire movie. Great stuff :D
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Finally saw Inception and thoroughly enjoyed the film. It was very much my kind of movie, as I like anything that has to do with dreams or perception of reality. Helped that it was also masterfully put together. Also saw Killers which I thought had an incredibly weak and stupid story, but was a somewhat fun ride if you can get around how underdeveloped the plot was.

I need to see The Illusionist at some point, but don't know when I'll get the chance.
Croooow!
128-bit

by Croooow! Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:13 am

Drop Dead Gorgeous: This movie brilliantly lampoons Midwestern small towns. Lets just say if you grew up in a town in America too small to support a Starbucks, you'd enjoy this movie.
"There are two ways to get enough. One way is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less." G.K. Chesterton

YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:49 am

2011 Movies:

Blades of Glory NEW

Total: 1

Man, this movie is ridiculously stupid, yet wholly entertaining. Will Ferrell and Jon Heder create a match made in heaven for movies and gay jokes.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever