Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by SamuraiMegas Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:13 pm

marurun wrote:Give Trainspotting a watch. Just sayin...

Trainspotting is a great movie, I had a few problems with script opiates in high school and I actually watched it shortly after quitting them. Requiem for a dream made me get big into harm reduction, now I'm the guy with the test kits and all the info on how to do things safely. I don't partake in anything other than smoking weed for the most part now, including alcohol.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Rewatched Jason Goes to Hell, this time the unrated version from my new Blu-ray box set from Shout Factory that I pre-ordered back in July.
marurun

by marurun Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:59 pm

What's different about the "unrated" version?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 pm

More gore.
marurun

by marurun Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:02 pm

Ah, sounds pretty pointless then.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Pretty sure it has more boobs, too. All I remember from the movie is the beginning and end scenes, but then again I haven't seen this movie since it was released back in 93. I do remember the hype that grew, even though both series were well past their welcome, for the eventual Freddy v. Jason when it was over. Just a shame it took them 10 years to get that set up and boy what a letdown that was.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:49 pm

Yeah, but this is the first time the scenes have been on Blu-Ray (legally) and the set also includes every single Friday the 13th film to date, which means that it's a MAJOR upgrade to my other box set with just the Paramount-era films, the latter half of which are jammed two to a disc. But that means I get to donate the old one to my library. Which reminds me I still have all those DVDs I still have to donate, which have been sitting in a box for over a year now.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:59 pm

REPO Man wrote:Yeah, but this is the first time the scenes have been on Blu-Ray (legally) and the set also includes every single Friday the 13th film to date, which means that it's a MAJOR upgrade to my other box set with just the Paramount-era films, the latter half of which are jammed two to a disc. But that means I get to donate the old one to my library. Which reminds me I still have all those DVDs I still have to donate, which have been sitting in a box for over a year now.

Good on you for donating the DVDs, but I wonder if the library will even take Friday 13th movies!
marurun

by marurun Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:41 pm

Is there something about Friday the 13th that would be off-putting to a library?
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Recently rewatched Doctor Butcher MD, which I recently got on Blu-Ray. I first heard of this Italian import ages ago when my local video store was selling off all their VHS tapes. Also known as Zombie Holocaust, this gory thriller starts in New York City with a rash of corpse mutilations and ends in a tropical locale with a tribe of cannibals and... zombies? While the title suggests it to be a slasher of sorts, I was surprised when I first saw it that it was filled with cannibals and zombies, given the title the VHS I used to have denoted neither.

Definitely worth a watch to my fellow gorehounds or Italian horror fans.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever