Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by Ack Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:08 am

Did you know the helicopter crash in that film was an accident? Since no one was hurt, they left it in.

Also, my favorite gag in the film is when a Japanese scientist gets excited and bumps a wall, which causes a photo of the USS Arizona to fall off the wall and sink in a fish tank. It's such a terrible joke.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Let's be honest, that movie is filled with terrible jokes. Which somehow makes it simultaneously both cringeworthy and endearing :lol:

And I did read about the helicopter crash! It was just supposed to fly low to the ground, but it got too close and *kabloie* For such a weird little flick it's got a lot of interesting little bits of trivia.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:58 am

The Platform. Old man deserves and Oscar I think.

The most surprising thing to me was a couple of days after watching the film I learned it was in Spanish. English audio track played automatically, it had English title, I just assumed it was American. I could have swore the audio matched the lips of the actors. Even the voices matches the actors I think. Either voice actors did a great job, or those actors did the English audio too.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Rewatched Sleepaway Camp last night.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 am

I have unofficially dubbed April 'Foreign Movie Month'. So in honor of that, here is my first new write-up:

Lake of Dracula

Part of a 'trilogy' (in name only). It's basically 'Japan does a Hammer Horror flick' and it turned out beautifully.
Ack

by Ack Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:36 am

If you haven't seen the rest of the "trilogy," they fit the same pattern: stunning and arresting visuals, wtf plots. Good times.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:52 am

Back To The Future III. I love this series. It just screams "Hollywood Blockbuster". They just don't make them like this anymore!

I didn't like that at the end the doc has built another time machine since he clearly stated that the Delorean time machine is evil and must be destroyed, and indeed it does but we get surprised he built another one and time traveled with it. Also it doesn't make sense that he time traveled to the exact moment where McFly and Jennifer were at the train track to talk to them for 5 minutes and then leave again especially that the original plan was for him to get back to 1985. They kind of went over the edge with having the train fly at the end but I understand they did it for the cool factor. Its also how the movie should have originally ended, since the original was not meant to have any sequels
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:17 pm

RCBH928 wrote:
Its also how the movie should have originally ended, since the original was not meant to have any sequels

I believe I saw an interview with Michael J. Fox one time where the actor said that they started filming Back to the Future Part II almost immediately after Part I wrapped shooting.
Golgo 14
64-bit

by Golgo 14 Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:24 pm

samsonlonghair wrote:I believe I saw an interview with Michael J. Fox one time where the actor said that they started filming Back to the Future Part II almost immediately after Part I wrapped shooting.

You're probably thinking about Part II & Part III which were filmed back to back four years after the original.
Inazuma wrote:Nah, I never found any good velcro shoes.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Golgo 14 wrote:
samsonlonghair wrote:I believe I saw an interview with Michael J. Fox one time where the actor said that they started filming Back to the Future Part II almost immediately after Part I wrapped shooting.

You're probably thinking about Part II & Part III which were filmed back to back four years after the original.

Oh, My mistake then. Maybe I got confused because Part II skews much closer to the original, and part III feels like the odd duck.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever