Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:39 pm

marurun wrote:Depends on what you consider worth watching. 3 is a total train wreck of ridiculousness and nonsense and was written by Frank Miller (yup, THAT Frank Miller). And while the reboot isn’t as good as the original, it’s actually not bad.

What about 2?

3 being written by Miller definitely makes me interested. His stuff hits a balance of grim-dark and so ridiculous I can't actually be bothered by the bad things is a balance few others pull off.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:41 pm

2 is worth watching.
Golgo 14
64-bit

by Golgo 14 Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:15 am

Frank Miller co-wrote Robocop 2, as well.

He wasn't entirely pleased with the end result and created a comic based on his original script some years back.

https://www.amazon.com/Frank-Millers-Ro ... 1592910351
Inazuma wrote:Nah, I never found any good velcro shoes.
Ack

by Ack Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:02 pm

I burned out on writing movie reviews on a daily basis on my blog, and I haven't actually sat down and put my thoughts about a film since...well, June, I guess. But let me recommend you something:

You. Yes, you. You right there. Sitting in that chair. Stop picking your nose and go see this movie. See it right now. Leave work, forget your kids, and go watch it. It is spectacular, cringe-inducing, and hilarious. It deserves your monies. All of them, fool.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:37 pm

Ack wrote:You. Yes, you. You right there. Sitting in that chair. Stop picking your nose and go see this movie. See it right now. Leave work, forget your kids, and go watch it. It is spectacular, cringe-inducing, and hilarious. It deserves your monies. All of them, fool.

If Ack says it is good, then it must be so. *checks movie listings*

Oh, also:

New write-up: Slumber Party Massacre 2
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:20 pm

Ack wrote:I burned out on writing movie reviews on a daily basis on my blog, and I haven't actually sat down and put my thoughts about a film since...well, June, I guess. But let me recommend you something:

You. Yes, you. You right there. Sitting in that chair. Stop picking your nose and go see this movie. See it right now. Leave work, forget your kids, and go watch it. It is spectacular, cringe-inducing, and hilarious. It deserves your monies. All of them, fool.

Had me at the poster. However, Samara + Horror is always a win for me. Definitely checking this out.

How I wish Netflix would release The Babysitter on Blu-ray.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:28 pm

Ack wrote:I burned out on writing movie reviews on a daily basis on my blog, and I haven't actually sat down and put my thoughts about a film since...well, June, I guess. But let me recommend you something:

Just got back. This post is Michi approved.

Ack spoke the truth. This was the bloodiest, most amusing dark comedy I've seen in a long while. Plus, all the gothic-y architecture and decorations just made it plain pretty to look at (even with all the blood.)

A+

Would watch again.
TheSSNintendo
128-bit

by TheSSNintendo Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:44 pm

Watched Back to the Future today before leaving for a baseball game.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:09 am

I have allergies from mindless blockbusters, but I gathered my courage and watched Suicide Squad. Its... not that bad...
Sure its your average(or better) dumb-dumb action movie which excites the simpler minds but I wouldn't go as far to say that it was unwatchable. I really can see how teenagers a decade from now will have fond memories of this one.

My best guess it was all about managing expectations. People were probably expecting something on the level of "The Dark Knight". I was expecting the cheesiest worst quickly made movie in the past century.

Was the character of Harley Quinn present in any other Batman movie/shows?
MrPopo

by MrPopo Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:16 am

RCBH928 wrote:Was the character of Harley Quinn present in any other Batman movie/shows?

Harley Quinn was created for an episode of Batman: The Animated Series. Her reception was so good that she was made a regular character on the show (as Joker's number one henchwoman and abusive relationship) and then got brought into the comics to serve the same role. She shows up in the Arkham games as well.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever