What was the last movie you've seen?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
sabrage
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

Post by sabrage »

Stark wrote:I like Aliens more than Alien. They're not really comparable in my mind though, they seem like different genres.

Well... Yeah. I can count on one hand the number of action movies I enjoy at face value, and I'd even put Aliens on that list.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Aliens is a fantastic sequel simply because it's so different from the original.

It compliments the first movie rather well I think. Plus there's Newt. Newt's awesome.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

AppleQueso wrote:Aliens is a fantastic sequel simply because it's so different from the original.

It compliments the first movie rather well I think. Plus there's Newt. Newt's awesome.

Hicks is the best part of Aliens, I think. Such a whiny a*hole.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

s1mplehumar wrote: Whispering in someone's ear is perfectly acceptable. Heck, get emotional! Cry, laugh, shout in terror, but don't carry a farking conversation every 10 minutes. I paid for a movie...

Last thing is first. Everyone paid for the movie (well, maybe not all the teenage derelicts).

I think most would agree with my rules of theater etiquette.

Conversations are a definite faux pas, as is the vague question "what just happened?". "Where do I know that guy from?" however is a valid question as when asked in your "theater voice". The response to the this question however can be said in slightly louder than library voice, example: "That's the villain from Billy Madison".

If the entire audience is loud, participate. I remember watching RUSH HOUR and wondering if anyone, in the entire theater would ever stfu. Then I relaxed and joined in on the mindless fun.

If you have a solid joke, it's fine to say it out loud. Once and only once during the entire film. If you have the unpleasant fortune of sitting next to the guy who thinks he writes for MST3K, a simple "You've done enough" should get him to shut his pie hole.

Mobile phone off.

If you bring in your own food, make sure it doesn't have an odor other than candy or popcorn.

Please don't throw gummi bears at the screen. Yes, they stick, but the same screen that you threw gummi bears at may be the same screen that shows This is 40.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Stark wrote:
sabrage wrote:I thought Aliens was a giant step back from the original, so I never bothered with the other two. I don't really like James Cameron, though. (The Abyss is my favorite JC film)

I like Aliens more than Alien. They're not really comparable in my mind though, they seem like different genres.

Blasphemer! :P

You're absolutely right, two totally different genres. Alien is survival horror claustophobic paranoia-ish, while Aliens is lock, stock and barrel action.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

s1mplehumar wrote:Blasphemer! :P

You're absolutely right, two totally different genres. Alien is survival horror claustophobic paranoia-ish, while Aliens is lock, stock and barrel action.

Hey, it's a tough call. I agree with sabrage's (implied) comment that Ridley Scott is a far superior director to James Cameron.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Prometheus. It's coming.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

s1mplehumar wrote:Prometheus. It's coming.

I really hope this movie turns out good. The franchise needs a respectable movie again after the dreadful AVP ones.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

AppleQueso wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:Prometheus. It's coming.

I really hope this movie turns out good. The franchise needs a respectable movie again after the dreadful AVP ones.

Yup. The trailer suggests jaw-dropping goodness. Time will tell.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

Stark wrote:Hey, it's a tough call. I agree with sabrage's (implied) comment that Ridley Scott is a far superior director to James Cameron.

I feel like Scott's films have aged much better than Cameron's. I'm more familiar with the latter's body of work, though.